What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Title: Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)

Tagline: Some Missions Are Not A Choice

Genre: Adventure, Action, Thriller

Director: Christopher McQuarrie

Cast: Tom Cruise, Henry Cavill, Ving Rhames, Simon Pegg, Rebecca Ferguson, Sean Harris, Angela Bassett, Vanessa Kirby, Michelle Monaghan, Wes Bentley, Frederick Schmidt, Alec Baldwin, Liang Yang, Kristoffer Joner, Wolf Blitzer, Dean Ashton, Alix Bénézech, Joey Ansah, Velibor Topic, Alexandre Poole, Andrew Cazanave Pin, Christophe de Choisy, Guy Remy, Jean Baptiste Fillon, Maximilian Geller, Olivier Huband, Raphael Desprez, Raphael Joner, Thierry Picaut, Vincent Latorre, Harvey Djent, Grahame Fox, David Mumeni, Charlie Archer, Caspar Phillipson, Ffion Jolly, Lolly Adefope, Ross O'Hennessy, Russ Bain, Nigel Allen, Tracey Saunders, Alicia Mencía Castaño, Conny Sharp, Jessie Vinning, Stuart Davidson, Julianne Binard, Bernardo Santos, Lampros Kalfuntzos

Release: 2018-07-26

Plot: The sixth installment in the "Mission: Impossible". When an IMF mission ends badly, the world is faced with dire consequences. As Ethan Hunt takes it upon himself to fulfil his original briefing, the CIA begin to question his loyalty and his motives. The IMF team find themselves in a race against time, hunted by assassins while trying to prevent a global catastrophe.

Cannot wait! This series' last two films carry that spy adventure feeling that used to be in the James Bond films, imo!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrismcquarrie/status/850609798144036864

Last edited by a moderator:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Production has been delayed due to an injury Tom Cruise suffered performing one of his own stunts (as he tends to do).

https://variety.com/2017/film/news/...fter-tom-cruise-injured-exclusive-1202528831/

It's impressive that Cruise works so hard to try to perform some of these stunts in his films. But it is also a little surprising that these productions allow their lead star to put his life in significant danger during the making of these films.

No matter how many safety measures were in place, you can't tell me that there weren't several things that could have gone fatally wrong when he was hanging onto the outside of a plane taking off for the last movie.

Props to him for having the passion and the balls to do these things. The recent tragic death of the stunt woman filming Deadpool 2 really highlights the danger these people put themselves in to entertain us.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It's impressive that Cruise works so hard to try to perform some of these stunts in his films. But it is also a little surprising that these productions allow their lead star to put his life in significant danger during the making of these films.

He's the producer on the films, and they're made by his production company. If he was an actor for hire, the studio would probably stop him, but he's like the wacky boss that likes to go skydiving - he's in charge, I doubt there's much they can do to stop him.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Let me guess...once again, Tom Cruise has to go rogue... just like in M:I 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. I'd be genuinely shocked and hugely pleased if they'd vary the plot just a little bit this time.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
They show a shot from behind him where the camera follows him. He jumps over a very tall building, no safety nets. It's probably good for the movie but it's completely crazy and dangerous. There is a reason there are professional stunt people. They can fall and know how to avoid accidents. I don't think he can continue to do these stunts himself much longer.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
They show a shot from behind him where the camera follows him. He jumps over a very tall building, no safety nets. It's probably good for the movie but it's completely crazy and dangerous. There is a reason there are professional stunt people. They can fall and know how to avoid accidents. I don't think he can continue to do these stunts himself much longer.
In a day and age of CG stuntmen, it's great that a superstar wants to entertain and do it for real but yeah, it seems crazy and needlessly dangerous. Just on a human level, I don't want to see Tom Cruise or anyone else get hurt doing a stunt but I think it's fair to think that a trained stunt man that's literally half of Cruise's age has a better chance at a quick recovery if they do suffer an injury.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
From the poster, it appears that this will be the first MI movie to be released in 3D - I am so down for that!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The funny thing is that in the trailer they have added the real footage where Tom Cruise breaks his leg. You can actually see it break. :wacko:

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks