What's new

Miklos Rozsa Favorite Biblical Score? (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Rozsa was actually my first introduction to music scores and the importance of soundtracks. I was six and My parents had that famous Jungle Book score, which was part score part talking record telling the story. The theme for Shere Khan always stuck in my mind. And I'd play that record again and again.
As an oldster my favorite theme were from THE KILLERS and BRUTE FORCE. The gravitas and power he brought to a score is always exhilarating to listen to.
Totally forgot about his score for The Jungle Book! I am friends with his daughter Juliet Rozsa on FB and sent her the link to this fun thread!

Santee7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
kirk
Totally forgot about his score for The Jungle Book! I am friends with his daughter Juliet Rozsa on FB and sent her the link to this fun thread!
wow! well I gotta say that record made me love music and realize at that tender age the story telling music does. Every play I've ever directing I would insert music into it, and always use it at rehearsals even if the cut was not going to be in the play proper just so actors could feel the rhythm and tempo of the scene. Long winded way of saying I think I owe it all to JUNGLE BOOK soundtrack, and of course Shere Khan and the mighty and marvelous Miklos Rozsa A true Maestro.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks