What's new

Microsoft's Neo reignites the Courier twin screen dream (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Interesting pair of articles. It reminds me of Kodak: large company with brilliant scientists doing worldclass R&D whose products are always killed for fear they threaten the cash cows.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
Microsoft has had lot's of cool stuff in their "home of the future" and "office of the future". It just never seems to come to the real world. Part of the problem is that a lot of the tech was based on RFID which still hasn't fully matured. I wish they would launch something cool I would like to see their stock jump by $10 or so. I would like to dump it at some point.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by dmiller68

Microsoft has had lot's of cool stuff in their "home of the future" and "office of the future".
That's the problem: they keep making "future" demos instead of today's products.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Best example of this for me is always Xerox Parc.. here they had the mouse, and a GUI.. and they just gave it away for nothing. wa-wa-wa...

Originally Posted by DaveF

Interesting pair of articles. It reminds me of Kodak: large company with brilliant scientists doing worldclass R&D whose products are always killed for fear they threaten the cash cows.

/t/298687/microsofts-courier-technology-begins-to-take-shape#post_3868078

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks