What's new

Merged Thread: Richard Harris Dead at 72 (1 Viewer)

Alex-C

Screenwriter
"A plague on you! A plague on the whole stinking lot of ya, without morals or laws! And all you whores got no laws! You got no honor! It's no wonder you all emigrated to America, because they wouldn't have you in England! You're a lot of savages, that's what you all are. A bunch of bloody savages! A plague on you! I'll be back!"
ahh...classic Harris.
:frowning:

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Monte Cristo, yeah, I was trying to remember what film I had just seen him in. He was my favorite part of the film too.
When you've had a full life I guess it's not really a "tragedy", but it's still depressing for the fans anyway. :frowning: The guy was a joy to see on screen in anything, yes, even Orca. His screen presence was remarkable, right up there with someone like Peter O'Toole or Orson Wells.
Geez am I so glad he was in Unforgiven. He had quite a nice run in the 90's after "The Field". Patriot Games marks another solid, albeit small, role.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I was lucky enough to see Richard Harris in Pirandello's Henry IV twelve years ago in London (third row center). To say he was amazing is an understatement. The IRA had set off a bomb just a block away that night and we all heard the explosion. So did RH, but he went on as if it were mearly part of the show.

Years later I saw him talking about the show on Later with Bob Costas and he said each night he picked someone in the audience and did the paly for that one person. that night I felt he was doing it for me.

I will miss him.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Shit! Can't believe it! Terrible news!
Richard Harris was a fine actor, appeared in some good movies and some not so good movies, one of my faves was the 1978 war movie The Wild Geese costarring Richard Burton and Roger Moore, I'll watch that tomorrow in tribute.
RIP Richard.:frowning:

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Sad news indeed.

I've read here and elsewhere that he was done filming for the next (second) Harry Potter movie, but then there's the third...Is it too early for speculation or conjecture on what will happen there? I suppose they'll have to find someone else, I guess?...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've read here and elsewhere that he was done filming for the next (second) Harry Potter movie, but then there's the third...Is it too early for speculation or conjecture on what will happen there? I suppose they'll have to find someone else, I guess?...
They have a body double who looks just like him that they lined up in case he hadn't fully recovered from his cancer:frowning:, but I dunno if they'd want to use him now. If they guy's as dead on as they say he is, it might make people uncomfortable.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Wow, this is very shocking, I read a few weeks ago that his prognosis was very good. I'll have to go take a look at Gladiator and Unforgiven to remember him. Rest in peace.:frowning:

Steve Clark

Second Unit
Saw him in A Man Called Horse when the movie first came out and was impressed with his acting. Great performances in Unforgiven and Gladiator, two of my favorite movies and two of the best movies over the past ten years. He could play a good guy or bad guy very well. His acting technique seemed well schooled and perfected.

Lowell_B

Second Unit
:frowning:
Very sad news. I'm a little surprised too considering I'd heard that he was doing very well in his treatment. We'll miss ya Richard.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Indeed, incredibly sad news, and another great gone. :frowning: Rest in peace Mr Harris!
Dan

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
He'll be truly misted as the great actor he was :frowning:
Dumbledore himself once said:
"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
Richard rest in peace !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks