What's new

Mechassualt saving (1 Viewer)

Ritchie T

Agent
I recently got Mechassualt a few days ago (if anyones still clueless, its only 19.99 brand new at Blockbuster along with some other PS2,GC, and X-Box games).

So far Im on the 3rd level. It drives me nuts that I have to restart at the beggining of the whole level when I die during the end/middle of the stage.

I was wondering if the whole game is like this. In all the levels, do you have to start at the beggining if you die? Or is there some sort of SAVE feature during the middle of the levels, similar to Splinter Cell? This really irritates me.

Thanks for the help

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yep you have to restart. I actually like it as you get better at the game and in multiplayer by doing the levels over and over. But thats just my opinion

capt

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Is that the "Suffer the Silence" level? It IS a long one. Here is some tips:

- Charge up your PPC and then jump-jet upward to look for turrets over ridges or from the gates of one base to another. Your targeting with the PPC has a bit more range than the Turrets so when going from 1 base to the other, you can usually take out the turrets without them ever fireing a shot.

- In the bases, take time to blow up every building. You will find health/power-ups. But NEVER stop moving while you are shooting. Practice shooting while moving sideways.

- When you approach the first base, dont bother shooting the gate. Charge/Jump and target the tanks from over the gate. Keep doing this until they are all bunched up just inside the gate. Let your weapons cool, charge the PPC and jump the wall to one side of the gate and take out the remaining defenders. (Stomping works good).

- Leave some health in the first base. When you attack the next base you face a Mech. Wait for the music to change to the more dramatic theme to let you know the enemy Mech is active. Then charge up your PPC and walk backwards towards the first base. Take shots at the enemy mech & tanks while heading towards the gate.

- When you get back to the first base, move through the gate and then aside so the walls block their shots. Then charge your PPC and side-step across the gate to target/fire, but keep moving so you are behind the walls when their shots arrive. You should be able to take out the tanks this way and damage the mech a bit.

- The enemy mech always seems to make it into the walls. Use PPC til he gets close, then switch to machine guns. They dont heat up and are fairly effective up close. He will side-step/reverse. You should do the same, but keep going your direction when he changes and torso-twist to keep pounding him. When he dies, get the salvage and you should be at nearly full health + some power-ups before attacking the final base.

- Use the same technique on the second base that you used on the first. Just note that there are Turrets inside this base so use the charge/jump/fire technique. There is also a turret behind the communication sat so be ready if you jump up there. (But you dont have to. You can jump/shoot and take out the sat without going up there).

Ritchie T

Agent
Thanks for the help. And ya Bob that is the stage. Thanks for the tips, Im bout to try that a little later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks