What's new

May 24 - Baa Baa Black Sheep! (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Todd, you must really like to picture David naked.

Oh, you mean . . . the DVD news made your Monday! :D Mine, too, along with confirmation of Airwolf for the same day. Man. What a great day that'll be!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Add me to the "dancing" list :D I'd almost forgotten about the "Black Sheep" series over the years. I'll have to consider getting "Airwolf" on a semi-blind buy as well. If I recall, I only saw a couple of those at the time. This forum's "too much" for TV/DVD nuts like me :b

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Baa Baa Black Sheep was the original title of the 1970s Robert Conrad series set in WWII, which lasted less than 2 years. I think it was as good as it was because the real Gregory "Pappy" Boyington (the role Conrad played) was a technical advistor to the series, and his flying misfits still managed to become heroes under his guidance.

I always refer to this series by its second name Black Sheep Squadron. A few of the men in the squadron included John Larroquette in his first TV series, Dirk Blocker (Dan's son), and James Whitmore, Jr (who eventually became a TV director).

One of Bob Conrad's stuntmen from The Wild Wild West -- a man named Red West, was given an expanded role in Black Sheep Squadron as Sgt. Micklin, their mechanic. He had also been a close friend and assistant to Elvis Presley when Elvis was touring the U.S. in the early 1970s, and in the previous decade had roles in a number of Presley's movies. Red continues to act today.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Hmmm. I just planned to get this and didn't look too closely at the details. Baa Baa Black Sheep Volume 1? So, it's not the full season? According to TVShows:

Well, I guess that's okay. Kind of the Lost in Space/Combat route. Unlike the latter, of course, there's no word on when Volume 2 will hit.

Actually, looking closer, it's not all that okay. It has a suggested price of $39.98. So, basically, it's going to be a suggested price of nearly $80 to have one season of a total of 24 episodes? Unless this is heavily discounted the first week of release, I might have to rethink this purchase.

Amazon's price right now is $27.99. So, we're looking at about $56 for the whole season. I'm not sure I can do that. Just as a comparison, you can get the A-Team complete Season 2 right now at Amazon for $37.49.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
and i picked up the entire first season (22 eps) of Kojak for $29.99 ($39.99 msrp).

it would be nice if Universal had a little parity or consistency in their pricing.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think I actually bought the second season of A-Team for around $25. The Best Buy RewardZone finally paid off, since they offered a discount on that title.

Dave Farley

Second Unit
If you go by Amazon's pricing, the entire series should run about $85, if they release the other episodes. I think this series only had 36 or 37 episodes.

My dad really liked this show. I'll be picking up a copy for myself and another to give him on Father's Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petr
Recent bookmarks