What's new

Marvel Animated Superhero TV Shows (1 Viewer)

Josh_C

Auditioning
I was very happy when Batman The Animated Series and Superman TAS were announced, but what about some of the shows from Marvel? I hope someday they get around to the 90's X-Men and Spider-Man shows and possibly Hulk and Fantastic 4 too.

I was just wondering if these are in demand by anyone else other than me. Also, has anyone heard any reliable rumors (if that's not a contradiction in terms) about these releases?

Rob T

Screenwriter
With the Batman: TAS set selling well and another on the way, a Superman: TAS set and the Gargoyles season 1 set coming, I hope something will be announced a few months after the gargoyles set comes out (given that it does well).

GeoffCHA

Auditioning
I'd love to see the 90s Marvel stuff released, especially X-Men, Spidey (in season sets), and Silver Surfer. However I could definately live without the very silly Avengers and Iron Man shows.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

X-Men, Spider-man, and Silver Surfer are definitely the cream of the crop but I wouldn't mind the Hulk, F4 and Iron Man series. As for that Avengers, it is on DVD in the UK and the older F4 is coming as well as a colection of 60's Marvel toons. Older Hulks need to see release before the 90's too. Good Gargoyles Season 1 sales may help these 90 series get to DVD. I want the 80's Spider-man and his Amazing Friends series more or at least before the 90's series with the Pryde of the X-Men as a bonus feature. I believe Marvel is in the process of making several straight to DVD animated films featuring Marvel properties, whether these have any ties to the old series is beyond me, I think it will be a new imagining though.

Matthew Green

Stunt Coordinator
I just want season sets of these too...Especially Spidey and his Amazing Friends. I love the superhero heroic feel to it..The 90's show got a little to...heady...too much angst instead of just good ole' villain bashing.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
This might be a bit off-topic, but has there been any new information on the Spider-Man: The Venom Saga DVD that is supposedly set for Winter 2004...which has already appeared in other regions (ie: Australia -- example)?

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
I don't know what happened to it. I just checked Disney's release schedule yesterday and Venom Saga is still nowhere to be found. And with January and February titles now being announced, I don't think we'll be seeing it in 2004.

Jerry R Colvin

Stunt Coordinator
With the Fantastic Four movie coming out next summer, I'd bet money that most animated incarnations of my favorite superhero team will appear on DVD in the next year or so... (but it's okay with me if they skip the 1970s version -- no Herbie the Robot!!)

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Agree with that Jerry. What I really want is the original Hanna-Barbera 60's FF series which besides being firmly in the Alex Toth Johnny Quest style, was pretty faithful to the classic comics.

The 90's show is a mixed bag. The second season is wonderful but the first season is some of the worst superhero cartoons ever made. If they do a season set of that, we will NEVER see the good episodes.

and HERBIE should just be forgotten.

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator
For those who want them they have started releasing several of the animated marvel over in R2 including:

The Avengers
Iron Man
Sub_Mariner
Captain America

You can find them at www . play . com

They're in nice packaging but only 5 episodes to a DVD (for no good reason they call it four episodes but with one free "bonus" episode). Personally I just count that as five episodes. So relatively expensive (around £11 or $18ish per DVD).

Volume 1 (i.e. the first 5 episodes) is out for all titles and Volume 2 for all titles is released on the 25th of Oct.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks