What's new

Marilyn Monroe on blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
What other MM titles are on MGM?

I’m guessing the Fox ones are locked down until Disney decides to do something with that catalog…

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The 11 film Marilyn Monroe set on iTunes is $50 this week. Lowest price in 3 years.

Now I picked it up I’m hoping the films start to be released in 4k.

Probably not though.

plektret

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
The 11 film Marilyn Monroe set on iTunes is $50 this week. Lowest price in 3 years.

Probably not though.
I want all of them on 4K Bluray! I'd say there's a good chance of getting the unreleased 4k restoration of The Misfits on UHD BD from Kino or Criterion. That's the only one, sadly.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

Probably not though.
If you do that with the intention of causing a flurry of 4K releases, it won't happen. You have to buy it thinking that they'll never be released on UHD.

Going off-topic slightly, on Monday night's Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Ana de Armas was on talking about the movie Blonde, in which she plays Marilyn. It's apparently in limited theatrical release now (or soon), most likely for Oscar considerations, and will appear on Netflix at the end of the month. Anyway, de Armas is not someone I would've thought of to play MM, but in the brief clip shown, she absolutely nailed it. She goes from being Norma Jean to Marilyn, and it felt to both me and my wife that at that point of transformation we were seeing Marilyn herself. We're looking forward to it starting on Netflix.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I’m still Hopeful. I think Marilyn’s films would be perfect to release on 4k disc on criterion or Kino.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I picked up several Monroe blu rays -1 off Amazon "The Seven Year Itch" (used, but very good) 2 off Ebay: "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" and Bus Stop" in like new condition and a brand new copy of "Let's Make Love" off Ebay. I thought buy them now while I can get them at a decent price.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
THE MISFITS in being released in 4K by Capelight ( a German Company) on June 30th. It was announced on Amazon.uk and Amazon.de. It is the recent restoration by Martin Scorcese and The Film Foundation. I ordered my copy. At this point it has not been announced in the US. I had been hoping for Kino or Criterion to release it here

plektret

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
THE MISFITS in being released in 4K by Capelight ( a German Company) on June 30th. It was announced on Amazon.uk and Amazon.de. It is the recent restoration by Martin Scorcese and The Film Foundation. I ordered my copy. At this point it has not been announced in the US. I had been hoping for Kino or Criterion to release it here
Their releases have been spotty, sadly. Proceed with caution.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks