What's new

Marantz SR-7200 driving Revel Studios? (1 Viewer)

Aron

Grip
Right now I don't have the funds to get a Mark Levinson Amp, so the Marantz reciever would have to do right now.

The Speakers already sound so awesome before breaking it in. I can't imagine how much better it can be after breaking in and hooking it up with a nice Amp. My question is can any damage be done to the Receiver or the Revel Studio speakers with prolong use at high volume?

Aron

Grip
Can any damage be done to the Marantz Receiver or Revel Studio if I use them together, since there not really at the same level.

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
I think the sensivity of Revel Studios is 87 db's, which is kind of average. The concern here is not that you might damage a speaker by pairing it with electronics which are not as high quality. Rather, the concern is whether the electronics have sufficient clean power to drive the speakers. Although this pairing is probably not ideal, I seriously doubt that damage is at all probable. Just use it and save for your new amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks