What's new

Marantz DV-5200 versus DV-6200 - different video quality, or same "guts"? (1 Viewer)

Al Roeth

Agent
I've got a DV-5200 changer now, and am not sure I'm 100% satisfied with it's performance.... although it's not "bad" or anything. However the DV-6200 has really good reviews, and I have a separate CD transport that is already quite good. So, the "upgraded audio section" in the DV-6200 isn't such a big deal for me since I'll go digital out for the surround, but the video performance is.
My question, is the video performance/electronics in the DV-5200 and 6200 the same, or is the 6200 better? If the video performance of the 5200 is the same, I'll just stay with it. However for about the same price, if the 6200 has better video performance, I'll swap them out.
So, anyone know if their video "guts" are the same, or have compared their video performance side-by-side?
thx!
al
[email protected]

Al Roeth

Agent
bump =)

Sorry, didn't get any replies, and I'm genuinely hoping someone has some info/opinions on the differences between the 5200 and 6200, esp for video playback...

thx =)

Al Roeth

Agent
bump =)

I guess I'll give up for a while if I don't hear anything. Just trying to see if the video performance of the DV-6200 is noticeably better than the VC-5200.

al

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks