What's new

Madisound Woodstyles cabinets (1 Viewer)

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
Hey guys,
Does anyone have an opinion on these cabinets? I have a pair of Tempests laying around and it doesn't look like my schedule (or living space) will permit the double-walled 9cf vented boxes I was planning on. So, I'm considering buying a pair of the 3cf boxes from Madisound, and stuffing the bejesus out of them for some quick and easy sealed Tempest cabs. Assct'd electronics will be an Adcom GFA-555II, and probably a BFD and CX3400 xo. TIA,
------------------
Mark Hayenga
www.hayenga.com
----------------------
"Don't worry, Oburi will be home soon..."

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Mark
I've used Woodstyle cabinets for 15 years, primarily buying large orders direct = 500lbs. The cabinets are very well made, both fit and finish is excellent. They are a combination of 3/4" particle board (front & back panels) and 3/4" Nova ply (any finished hardwood surface) As a result they need to be stiffened. If the driver hole cutouts are large enough, just laminate up additional layers with MDF. If the cutouts are small use 1"X2" oak "fan" or "crossbracing".
There's an example of how this bracing is done on the Klone-Audio website, look at the "Rava Too!" project.
BTW, buying these in quantity and having them shipped UPS is expensive due to the weight. Woodstyle will build small runs of custom sizes. These aren't too expensive if they can be sized as a multiple of one of their stock sized cabinets. They will also do custom driver cutouts and rebasing, and build in any size port desired. If you can generate a large enough order to justify truck shipping, you can probably buy direct from Woodstyle.
I haven't delt with them in awhile so the info below may not be up to date.
Woodstyle Products Inc.
125 North Puente Ave.
City of Industry, CA 91744
8178-968-2830
Hope this helps
Thomas
[Edited last by ThomasW on July 18, 2001 at 08:46 AM]

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Mark, why don't you choose an Adire cabinet design and I'll give you a quote. No shipping charge
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satimis
Recent bookmarks