What's new

Mad Max Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Kyle J. McElravy

Auditioning
Real Name
Kyle J. McElravy
joshEH said:
If there's a brand-new transfer included, Day One for me (even though I already own the expensive Warner trilogy-tin). If not, I'll stick with what I already have, though that new cover artwork is absolutely fucking baller.
They're evidently cleaning up the anamorphic video master that MGM created back in 2000 when it was originally released on DVD by removing the dust, dirt, and print damage that permeated it. It wouldn't make sense to create a new HD master, but if they did they would use the same one that MGM did when they released MAD MAX on Blu-Ray, first.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
image003.jpg@01D0526F.36F7C780.jpeg
SCREAM FACTORY™ PRESENTS
HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED CULT ACTION CLASSIC FROM VISIONARY DIRECTOR GEORGE MILLER
MAD MAX
COLLECTOR’S EDITION BLU-RAY™
Starring Mel Gibson

BLASTS ONTO HOME ENTERTAINMENT SHELVES EVERYWHERE MAY 5, 2015
FROM SCREAM FACTORY™
Pre-order This Definitive Collector’s Edition Today!

Fans of visionary director George Miller (The Road Warrior, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and Mad Max: Fury Road) and Oscar®-winning director/producer/actor Mel Gibson (Braveheart, Lethal Weapon) know well the dystopian action adventures of Max Rockatansky from the highly popular MAD MAX movies. Relive the high-octane action, experience the visceral thrills, and see the beginning of this legendary road warrior before the brand new major motion picture hits theaters. On May 5, 2015, Scream Factory™ is proud to present MAD MAX Collector’s Edition Blu-ray™, packed with insightful bonus content, including all-new interviews with Mel Gibson, Joanne Samuel, director of photography David Eggby, special audio commentary, retrospective featurettes and much more! This definitive collector’s edition contains a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork and a reversible cover wrap featuring original theatrical key art.

A must-have for loyal fans, movie collectors and pop culture enthusiasts to complete their home entertainment library, MAD MAX Collector’s Edition Blu-ray is priced to own at $19.97.

Pre-order now at:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/action-adventure/mad-max-collector-s-edition

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Max-Collectors-Blu-ray-Gibson/dp/B00T73AO0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425055139&sr=8-1&keywords=MAD+MAX+Collector%27s+Edition

*** Avid fans and collectors please take note: those who order MAD MAX Collector’s Edition Blu-ray™ directly from ShoutFactory.com and get it shipped two weeks early, plus receive an exclusive 18"x24" poster featuring our newly commissioned artwork! Available while supplies last.

Setting Mel Gibson on a sure path to superstardom, this highly acclaimed "crazy collide-o-scope" (Newsweek) of highway mayhem "cinematically defined the post-apocalyptic landscape" (TV Guide). Featuring eye-popping stunts that are "electrifying and very convincing" (Variety) and "an authentically nihilistic spirit" (The Village Voice), this unforgettable actioner from director George Miller is "pure cinematic poetry" (Time).

In the ravaged near-future, a savage motorcycle gang rules the road. Terrorizing innocent civilians while tearing up the streets, the ruthless gang laughs in the face of a police force hell-bent on stopping them. But they underestimate one officer: Max (Gibson). And when the bikers brutalize Max's best friend and family, they send him into a mad frenzy that leaves him with only one thing left in the world to live for – revenge! MAD MAX also stars Joanne Samuel (Nightmaster), Hugh Keays-Byrne (Mad Max: Fury Road) and Steve Bisley (The Great Gatsby, Red Hill).

SAMUEL Z. ARKOFF Presents​
“MAD MAX”​
Starring MEL GIBSON​
Produced by BYRON KENNEDY​
Directed by GEORGE MILLER​
Music by BRIAN MAY​
Written by JAMES McCAUSLAND and GEORGE MILLER​
Released by FILMWAYS PICTURES​
Color Prints by MOVIELAB​

MAD MAX COLLECTOR’S EDTION BLU-RAY

Special Features:
  • NEW Interviews with Mel Gibson, Joanne Samuel and Director of Photography David Eggby
  • Audio Commentary by Art Director Jon Dowding, Director of Photography David Eggby, Special Effects Artist Chris Murray and Tim Ridge
  • Mel Gibson: The Birth Of A Superstar
  • Mad Max: The Film Phenomenon
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • TV Spots
  • Photo Galleries
· Contains Both the Original Australian English Audio and the U.S. English Dubbed Audio

1080p High-Definition Widescreen (2.35:1)/Australian English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/Australian English DTS-HD Master Audio Mono/U.S. English Dubbed DTS-HD Master Audio Mono

1980/Color/93 minutes/English Subtitles

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
I'll take the radio silence about it in the above release to mean no new transfer on this one.

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
Doctorossi said:
I'll take the radio silence about it in the above release to mean no new transfer on this one.

From a comment Shout made on their Scream Factory Facebook page:

Sorry no new transfer but we have taken MGM’s transfer of the film and have spent time removing thousands of instances of dirt and debris from the master, making it a cleaner picture and best video presentation to date.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Perfect...Quote from Shout, "Please spend your money on this...because it's really, really, really, really better than the last issue, we promise!"

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
SCREAM FACTORY™ PRESENTS
HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED CULT ACTION CLASSIC FROM VISIONARY DIRECTOR GEORGE MILLER
MAD MAX
COLLECTOR’S EDITION BLU-RAY™
Starring Mel Gibson

BLASTS ONTO HOME ENTERTAINMENT SHELVES EVERYWHERE MAY 5, 2015
FROM SCREAM FACTORY™

Fans of visionary director George Miller (The Road Warrior, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and Mad Max: Fury Road) and Oscar®-winning director/producer/actor Mel Gibson (Braveheart, Lethal Weapon) know well the dystopian action adventures of Max Rockatansky from the highly popular MAD MAX movies. Relive the high-octane action, experience the visceral thrills, and see the beginning of this legendary road warrior before the brand new major motion picture hits theaters. On May 5, 2015, Scream Factory™ is proud to present MAD MAX Collector’s Edition Blu-ray™, packed with insightful bonus content, including all-new interviews with Mel Gibson, Joanne Samuel, director of photography David Eggby, special audio commentary, retrospective featurettes and much more! This definitive collector’s edition contains a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork and a reversible cover wrap featuring original theatrical key art.

A must-have for loyal fans, movie collectors and pop culture enthusiasts to complete their home entertainment library, MAD MAX Collector’s Edition Blu-ray is priced to own at $19.97.

Setting Mel Gibson on a sure path to superstardom, this highly acclaimed "crazy collide-o-scope" (Newsweek) of highway mayhem "cinematically defined the post-apocalyptic landscape" (TV Guide). Featuring eye-popping stunts that are "electrifying and very convincing" (Variety) and "an authentically nihilistic spirit" (The Village Voice), this unforgettable actioner from director George Miller is "pure cinematic poetry" (Time).

In the ravaged near-future, a savage motorcycle gang rules the road. Terrorizing innocent civilians while tearing up the streets, the ruthless gang laughs in the face of a police force hell-bent on stopping them. But they underestimate one officer: Max (Gibson). And when the bikers brutalize Max's best friend and family, they send him into a mad frenzy that leaves him with only one thing left in the world to live for – revenge! MAD MAXalso stars Joanne Samuel (Nightmaster), Hugh Keays-Byrne (Mad Max: Fury Road) and Steve Bisley (The Great Gatsby, Red Hill).

SAMUEL Z. ARKOFF Presents​
“MAD MAX”​
Starring MEL GIBSON​
Produced by BYRON KENNEDY​
Directed by GEORGE MILLER​
Music by BRIAN MAY​
Written by JAMES McCAUSLAND and GEORGE MILLER​
Released by FILMWAYS PICTURES​
Color Prints by MOVIELAB​

MAD MAX COLLECTOR’S EDTION BLU-RAY

Special Features:
  • NEWInterviews with Mel Gibson, Joanne Samuel and Director of Photography David Eggby
  • Audio Commentary by Art Director Jon Dowding, Director of Photography David Eggby, Special Effects Artist Chris Murray and Tim Ridge
  • Mel Gibson: The Birth Of A Superstar
  • Mad Max: The Film Phenomenon
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • TV Spots
  • Photo Galleries

1080p High-Definition Widescreen (2.35:1)/Australian English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/Australian English DTS-HD Master Audio Mono/U.S. English Dubbed DTS-HD Master Audio Mono

1980/Color/93 minutes/English Subtitles

Shout! Factory will continue to present the on-going SCREAM FACTORY™ home entertainment series in 2015 with specific release dates, extras and key art. Meanwhile, fans are encouraged to visit the Scream Factory main website (www.screamfactorydvd.com), follow them on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD) and Twitter (www.Twitter.com/@Scream_Factory) or to view exclusive video content on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/ScreamFactoryTV/Home

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I didn't know this was coming. I happened to just watch all the MM movies in sequence a month ago, from the tin set, so the latest versions at the time.

I had the least negative comments about the image in Mad Max than I did about the other two (which had some horrendous-looking low-light scenes, unfixable, the worst I've ever seen on disc, makes original Outland DVD look bright). True the MM film transferred looked a little "used", but nothing that bothered me at all.

Will be interesting to see some screen caps to see what the diff is. But caps for scenes with junk that was fixed probably won't show much, as this small stuff is so fleeting on-screen while viewing that it barely registers with me after a short while, my mind edits it out. IOW, for a low-budget film, I thought this already looks quite fine on BD. What did I miss?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks