What's new

Macgyver DVDs - What happened to the shorter Randy Edelman themes? (1 Viewer)

matthew_milam

Auditioning
As much as I love the show, nothing was better than hearing the 30 second version of his theme. It was tight, had that orchestrated jump at the end of it and it felt like Macgyver. The others theme just don't compare.

Purchasing the DVDs, I figured they would do the DVDs much like the syndicated shows. To my horror, I found that every episode on the first and second season DVD's have that stupid longer version of his theme. What happened? Is this happening on the third and fourth season box sets?

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
The third season uses a somewhat shorter theme than the first and second seasons.

Why would you want the short syndicated episodes on DVD? Just to hear a shorter version of the theme song?

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I haven't purchased any of the DVDs, and I haven't watched MacGyver in a few years. But as I recall the theme was slightly rescored in later seasons.

I suspect what you're getting on the DVDs is the same as what originally aired on ABC between 1985 and 1992.

matthew_milam

Auditioning
But the themes are not the same themes, at least not in that consistent order. I remember there being a shorter theme for sesaon 1 in some episodes. I know season 2 had a longer theme for awhile, and that the third season had a shorter theme for most of it.

That theme to me had it's punch and kept things moving. The longer one seemed to drag as if it were to say "oops!" we have more.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
The themes in the first 3 seasons are the same length i timed them. unless they change randomly from episode to episode. The S4 theme sounds different, but i think thats because it's the first year the show was in stereo. Why want the lame syndicated theme anyway, i love the longer theme!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks