What's new

M and M commercial/Wizard of Oz... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Has technology advanced to the point where we can simulate a dead persons voice electronically? Or did they just find a REALLY good immitator for Judy Garland at that age? Either way, it's a darn good match.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member

You need to put your heals together and click 3 times, saying "I want my M&Ms, I want my M&Ms, I want my M&Ms".

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i caught the tailend of it. does she say different stuff then was in the movie? i figured it was just a dub...

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Some of the dialogue is similar to the original scene, but it all has been re-dubbed and written with the M&M's digitally inserted (instead of the original characters).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It looks like they reanimated some of her mouth movements, like a more advanced technique of what they used in Forrest Gump.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I still find this whole thing creepy and borderline tasteless, like the ads with long-dead Bogart and (I think it was) John Wayne some years back. Using these people without their permission for something they might well never have agreed to do is like grave-robbing, IMO.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Permission is granted by the estate or remaining family members. This has been going on for decades and isn't anything new. Only the expertise has gotten better. Creepy? Maybe. Grave-robbing? Nah.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think that something like this is cute and tasteless, not so much using the actress to sell a product, but to do something that sort of wows the viewer and makes them laugh (THEN sell the product). More tasteful and creative than dancing with a vaccuum.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks