What's new

Looking For Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I am currently beginning to embark on a book project. The reason I am posting about this is because I need suggestions. It's going to be a comprehensive buyer's guide to Home Theater (at least that is what I plan for it to be at this point in time).
What would everyone like to see in this book that's not covered in others? Are there any issues that should be addressed that aren't addressed in other books? BTW, I'm already planning on including sections for P&S vs. Widescreen as well as Edge Enhancement and why these problems plague DVD releases.
So...what would you like to see in this book?
------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Maybe you could also cover the benefits of anamorphic vs straight letterbox and the increased vertical resolution of the former.
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Maybe a description of the different types of DVD cases... as well as why snappers suck. :)
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
Be certain that it is not incomprehensible to those who would need to buy it for HT advice.
That's a good point. If you're trying to write this for the upper echelon of HT fanatics, they most likely know all of this already, or know enough that it wouldn't warrant buying a book to fill in the gaps.
Whereas, if you're aiming this at the layman, our lovable J6P, you will need to be very careful to keep all of this from going right over his head. That won't help you or the reader (as less people will buy the book).
------------------
www.DigitalHoard.com
All-Around Anime Goodness

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks