What's new

Looking for an $1500-$2000 amp to pair with my yamaha htr 5280 (1 Viewer)

Jorge UF

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking in getting a good 3 or 5 channel amp in the $1500 - $2000 region and was going to use my old reciever(yamaha htr 5280) as the pre/pro. I went looking for one and the sales man told me that I should be concerned with the amount of voltage my reciever can handle but I don't completely understand what he is talking about. He said that my reciever can limit the actual power of my amp. Can someone please help explain what he is talking about. Also if you can reccomend any amps in that price range I would really appreciate it

By the way what would you say is the warmest (non bright) sounding amp? Do they even make a difference in brightness?

David Susilo

Screenwriter
I maybe wrong, but how can a receiver affect the power output of an external amp? AFAIK, it's BS.

If budget is a concern, just get a MOSFET multichannel amp. Usually they are around that budget and I have yet to hear a bright sounding MOSFET. They are the poor-man's tube-amp.

Jorge UF

Stunt Coordinator
So is the general consensus that the voltage thing is bs? So what other amps do you reccomend? What other amps would you put in the same league as the sherbourn 5/5210?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks