What's new

Looking for a TV. Need feedback on a Hitachi Projection (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I dont have any experience with any Hitatchi sets, but I heard they use the same guns as Toshibas do... Thats all i know, sorry...

Mike PM

Auditioning
I've had a 43uwx10b for about a month now and can honestly say I'm very happy with my purchase. I live in a small condo and this is the perfect size. Paid $2100., including the stand and sales tax, with a little haggling at a local indy B & M.
DVDs are superb and HDTV programs(OTA w/ Samsung SIR T150)are nothing short of amazing.
Only negatives to report:
If you use regular analog cable TV you will truly see how poor the quality is. I used to have a 27" JVC and was happy with the PQ. Large screen HD monitors allow you to see every weakness in the signal. Some stations are worse than others with grainy and fuzzy pictures. My folks also have a Hitachi HDTV but are on DirecTV and the PQ is a lot better.
The Hitachi is a little slowing switching channels. The 1.5 sec. delay can be a little annoying if you do a lot of channel surfing. I like to use the tuner in my VCR.
As with most RPTVs, the protective screen can cause a lot of reflective glare if there is a light source behind you.
Take this into account when you decide how to position it in your room.
Hitachis have a break-in period where an occasional 'stop' graphic appears on screen accompanied by a brief (2-3 sec.)loss of picture. Has something to do with the CRTs curing and discharging static buildup. I've had this happen twice so far but not recently. Was a little concerned at first but subsequent research on the Web assured me this was normal.
Get the optional stand. Great for your components and it raises the screen to the ideal viewing height.
Good luck!
:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TVonDVDCollector
Recent bookmarks