What's new

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
kevin-ek has published a new article.

London Has Fallen Blu-ray Review

london-has-fallen-570f59d69898d-150x150.jpg

London Has Fallen explodes on Blu-ray, with a great technical delivery of sound and fury ultimately signifying nothing, sadly.

[review]
Continue reading the original article.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
Kevin,

I agree with most of your review, in particular with:

"London Has Fallen is another one of these movies that’s probably reviewer-proof. I could sit here all day noting the illogic, the nonsensical situations, the indestructability of the lead character, and it wouldn’t make a difference to the millions of people who enjoy the movie anyway. At least the Blu-ray is well-done on a technical level, providing great picture and sound."

But then again, this movie does something.... I keeps you thoroughly entertained for 1-1/2 hours, which IMHO is one of the prime reasons we see films in the first place.

Raul

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
and it wouldn’t make a difference to the millions of people who enjoy the movie anyway.

Yeah, baby! Bring it on! :D

I LOVED Olympus Has Fallen, yet somehow never got to this when it was in the theaters. But it is on its way to me from Amazon and will be in my mailbox tomorrow!

Cannot wait!

LONDONFALLEN_QUAD_BIGBEN_RD9-V1.jpg

LONDONFALLEN_QUAD_ST-PAULS_RD9-V1.jpg

London-Has-Fallen.jpg

The basic story has US President Benjamin Asher (Aaron Eckhart) finding himself in mortal danger from the evil terrorists – except that he has nearly superhuman Secret Service man Mike Banning (Gerard Butler) to protect him.
:laugh:

nara

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hugh
You're gonna be disappointed Mike.

It's a stinker!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Life is full of disappointments! :laugh:

I'm just looking forward to cranking up the sound for the viewing--sometime when my wife is out of the house! :D

I'll report back when I get my shot.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I'm very curious to hear Mike's review once he's seen it. I again must acknowledge that on a technical level, it's an extremely effective action movie. But as RAH says in his "A Few Words...", turning off the higher parts of the frontal lobe will be a help here...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks