What's new

Live Free or Die Hard (2007) (1 Viewer)

Arild

Supporting Actor
Hey, I don't give a shit about Harry Potter, either. You started the whole HP discussion in this thread when you went off on your little rant, and even in your "stop it plz!" post you manage to get in a jab or two. I don't particularly care, but if you think HP dicussion doesn't belong in this thread then maybe you shouldn't continue to discuss HP yourself, hm?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The teaser does remind me of The Transporter now that you mention it, but then again Jason Statham always reminded me a little of Bruce in those films, he even looked like him from certain angles.

Mike.P

Second Unit
OK, so I managed to finally watch Die Hard (yeah, thats right, I've never seen it. I'm a horrible movie buff) and man what a flick. Can't believe the things I've waited this long to watch!

That said, this really does look nothing like the movie I just finished watching. But it is only a teaser, so who knows.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
It's funny that both Die Hard and Die Hard 2: Die Harder take place near Christmas but Die Hard: With a Vengeance doesn't. I guess the first two could be considered as the "Holiday Duology" and the last two could be considered the "Summer Duology" due to the time of year they take place. It's also interesting that each subsequent installment takes place in a larger area. Can't wait for it though!:D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What really sucks is that all this talk of the films is making me want to watch them all, but the lamp in my projector blew 2 weeks ago and I can't get a new one until after the 1st of the year because of Christmas and i'll be damned if i'm going to watch these movies on my teeny weeny 25" television.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter

Actually, Die Hard 3 did take place around Christmas.

"The cops are all up to something. It's Christmas, you could steal City Hall!"

Dun dun....dun dun......

Dun Dun, dun na nah!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

There's another clue too, when the terrorist is making small talk with McClane right before they get on the elevator he asks him "So what do you think of this weather this late in the year, indian summer huh?" indicating that it was no longer summer and the hot weather was unusual, plus it typically stays warm outside well through August and parts of September.

Just yesterday we hit 70 degrees here in my area, people were wearing short sleeves and it's December! It may have very well been at least October in the film, despite what the opening song says, I think it was just to set the mood rather than indicate the exact time of year.

Of course I honestly don't really believe that it was as late as December but we just don't know.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I can't remember the context of the quote in the movie, but from your post, it sounds less like an indication of the time of the year, and more of a "Christmas comes early this year" comment - the speaker seems to be saying "You could get away with doing anything (even something as big as stealing City Hall) because all of the cops are preoccupied".

The fact is, the previous films went out of their way to let you know that it was Christmas. If the best you can point to in DHWAV is that line and a line about unseasonable weather, I think it's safe to assume it's not Christmas.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Since the movie opens with the Loving Spoonful's "Summer In The City," I have always assumed it was summer. I like the story better that way.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Kids are all in school as well, so it isn't summer, but probably fall. If I remember correctly, leaves were still on the trees in Central Park but there were signs of them on the ground as well, signifying fall. Definitely wasn't Christmas or even close.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Yeah, but like I said it isn't summer in the film because of that exchange between McClane and the terrorist at the reserve, i'm guessing the timeframe is sometime in late August which can still produce days of very warm weather, but that's just my guess.

EDIT: That's right, Jason, the kids are in school in the film, and since it definately isn't Christmas and it's "late in the year", that lands us squarely on September.

Beau

Supporting Actor
Well, September is mostly a summer month since it's not offically fall until the autumnal equinox. So if it's September it could very well still be summer.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I live in New Hampshire so its only right for me to go see the movie when my state motto is in the title. :D

that said, I'll be there when it comes out, as long as its got big explosions and Bruce Willis kicking ass, I'm so there. I associate the two with each other, Bruce Willis kicking ass which then lead to big explosions. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks