What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Live Free or Die Hard (2007) (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Dear lord did they completely castrate Die Hard or what!? :rolleyes

You know what? Screw it, Transformers is going to kick this films ass into complete oblivion anyway, that's the film i'm most looking foreward to, I never thought for a single second that the day would come when I wouldn't be excited by a new DH film.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

That just sealed the deal for me. I will not go see this "pussified" version of Die Hard at the theater. :angry:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think 'motherfucker' is considered R rated material. How can adding 'mother' to 'fuck' suddenly make the word worse? Ask the MPAA. :)

EDIT: I know virtually no one will agree with me but I see this movie in a similar vein as Land Of The Dead (for example). I saw that in the theater knowing damn well that the R rated cut was not Romero's preferred version of the movie. I considered it a warmup for the the 'real' version's DVD release.

As I've said over and over, I think the movie looks good and I'm willing to see it before saying that it's good or bad.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I'll let you be the guinea pig on this one, Travis, since we have very similar taste in movies and TV. If you go see it and think it's worthy of the Die Hard name I might end up checking it out in the theater, but most likely I'll just wait for the unrated(hopefully) DVD.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Nah, No thanks for me. When I think of a Die Hard film, I see Takagi's brains spattered on a pane of glass, I see knee caps being blown apart, McClaine ardously pulling pieces of glass out of his bloody foot, the balls to crash a plane on X-Mas Eve with 100+ Passengers, an Icicle to a guy's eye, a military guy not aware of the plan getting his throat cut, a guy sucked into a jet engine, McClaine being forced to wear a "I Hate N****** sign in Harlem, a guard being mercilessly cut up by a female assassin, brains blown out in an elevator, a guy severed in half by a crane cable and God Damn it, F-Bombs every thirty seconds. Obviously most of this will be absent from a PG-13 film.

I'm sure McClaine has kicked his smoking habit by now as well.

Unless word of mouth is really good on this, I could probably just wait for DVD on this. I hope this PG-13 crap really backfires on this one.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Am I the only one that thinks this movie is going to be an embarassment to the series (based on the trailer). The first Die Hard was great and started a genre because it was placing a flawed everyman in extraordinary circumstances (not a new concept) and becoming the hero that saves the day. In other words, you could really relate with his character and virtually see yourself in his position.

The two sequels drifted farther and farther away from this concept leading up to the new one which looks like it's going to consist of a series of insane stunts and explosions. I was laughing when I saw the scene of a car flying through the air and crashing into a helicopter.

I really wanted to see this, but unless somebody changes my mind, this is moving into the rental category.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member

Maybe it's the person who says it...because I recently watched Sneakers on HD DVD and the great Sidney Poitier says that very word in a PG-13 movie.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Uh, Snakes on a Plan didn't do well. It was a pretty large disappointment actually and many industry observers blamed the late changes to turn it into an R-rated film.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
That piece of shit was never gonna make any coin. It only became a "dissapointment" because the utterly unexpected Internet hype gave rise to unrealistic expectations of financial performance. Of course the suits needed to blame something... how about the worse script idea in recent memory, so bad that even J6P saw thru it and stayed the hell away? My friends were rolling their eyes when I said I would check it out.

--
H

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Thanks, I forgot to mention some glimpses of female nudity as well, how could I forget that?

You know, the more I think about, the more LFODH is sounding like the exact opposite of all the Die Hards before it. Hell, they couldn't even be bothered to film the damn thing right by going with Super 35 over Panavision which was vitally important to the look of all of the prior films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks