What's new

Little Feat Fans Rejoice!!! New Deluxe Edition "Waiting for Columbus" Box Set Releasing 7-29-22 (2 Viewers)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
American rock band Little Feat have announced that in celebration of the 45th-anniversary of their 1978 debut live album Waiting For Columbus they plan to rerelease the LP as Super Deluxe Edition on July 29 via Rhino Records.

The Super Deluxe Edition will be delivered as an eight-CD box set featuring a remastered version of the recordings of the original double album along with three unreleased recorded live performances. The added show includes sets from Manchester City Hall on July 29, 1977, The Rainbow, London Aug. 2, 1977), and the Lisner Auditorium, Washington D.c. Aug. 10, 1977. Waiting For Columbus: Super Deluxe Edition will also release on vinyl and on digital/streaming services on July 29.

Enjoy a preview of the Deluxe LP with a previously unreleased audio of “Fat Man In The Bathtub” recorded at The Rainbow in London on Aug. 2, 1977, below. Go to Rhino.com for the full tracklist and to pre-order the box set.

Attachments

• 81JhEvSck0L._SL1500_.jpg
    81JhEvSck0L._SL1500_.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 54

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Great album. I remember my brother giving me the LP back around 1981. I played it many times and ended up with the CD many years later. I like the idea of remastered and the inclusion of three other venues. However, for the money asked I was hoping we would also get a multi-channel hi-res blu-ray as well. That's been my favorite part with respect to the similarly priced Super Deluxe Beatles editions I've picked up so far.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Great album. I remember my brother giving me the LP back around 1981. I played it many times and ended up with the CD many years later. I like the idea of remastered and the inclusion of three other venues. However, for the money asked I was hoping we would also get a multi-channel hi-res blu-ray as well. That's been my favorite part with respect to the similarly priced Super Deluxe Beatles editions I've picked up so far.
Archive Footage of the shows in W4C would have put it over the top...but you and I know that that's a Dream, I don't think threy had an inkling as to the video market as it is now!! There are some nice and rare bits and pieces, but the vintage footage is just not there.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Archive Footage of the shows in W4C would have put it over the top...but you and I know that that's a Dream, I don't think threy had an inkling as to the video market as it is now!! There are some nice and rare bits and pieces, but the vintage footage is just not there.
As a Super Deluxe Edition CD collection, I wasn't even thinking about video, just hi-res and multi-channel audio using the blu-ray spec. I'm guessing as a recorded live event it might be difficult to create a fully immersive multi-channel track. However, I have seen some concerts on blu-ray where they have managed to at least pull the crowd interaction into the surround speakers, providing that sense of being there. If they can do it with Beatles tapes from the 60's/70's, it may have been possible with the tapes made from these events in the late 70's. I'm guessing Rhino may not have had the founds to go that far, but the pricing is up there with other products that did. For only remastered CD's, I could definitely go $30, maybe even $50, but not $100.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
As a Super Deluxe Edition CD collection, I wasn't even thinking about video, just hi-res and multi-channel audio using the blu-ray spec. I'm guessing as a recorded live event it might be difficult to create a fully immersive multi-channel track. However, I have seen some concerts on blu-ray where they have managed to at least pull the crowd interaction into the surround speakers, providing that sense of being there. If they can do it with Beatles tapes from the 60's/70's, it may have been possible with the tapes made from these events in the late 70's. I'm guessing Rhino may not have had the founds to go that far, but the pricing is up there with other products that did. For only remastered CD's, I could definitely go $30, maybe even $50, but not $100.
just like the price ropping after the fact on 4K and BRD I think the $100 price will drop as well...we just need to sit back and wait...:cool::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks