What's new

Little Darlings?? (1 Viewer)

Hello all,

I'm a newbie, hope I'm in the right place. I just saw the Tatum O'Neil interview on 20/20 last night at realized that one of my favorite 80's movies, 'Little Darlings' is not on DVD yet. Does anyone know who owns the rights to this so I can inquire about a possible release date? Any input would be great!

Thanks,

Kathleen :b

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
This ought to still be a Paramount holding, as far as I know.

A definate purchase here; at least in the

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
...and I'll at least rent this one, if not purchase outright. Per Paramount's current MO, I don't expect even a trailer. Ugh.
Cheers.

DS.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Oh, yes, I am a big fan of this film. A lot of people could not handle the abrupt changes in the story from humor to poignancy, but I went right with it. I also like the fact it's an early teen comedy written by a woman with what feels like an authentic girls' perspective as opposed to some middle-aged guy's fantasy.

Paramount should make sure that it is done in it's proper 2.35:1 Panavision ratio, and restore the original closing credits song -- "Let Your Love Flow" by the Bellamy Brothers -- as opposed to the horrible new generic music on current videotape editions of the movie. And this is something where I would love to hear comments from McNichol and O'Neal, as well as the screenwriter and Ronald F. Maxwell, who went on to the monumental miniseries GETTYSBURG.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I couldn't handle the film without the proper closing song! I would often watch LD on cable in the 80's, and sing along with the song, right on cue. A DVD version of the film without this song would not be worth owning to me! :eek:

Kate*H

Agent
Well, its been three years since the last post, and I'm wondering if there has been any news yet on a possible release date. I read somewhere Anchorbay has the rights.
Surely there is an audience for this film, at least I hope so...

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Don't ask me where, but I heard that this is scheduled for this year. Someone should know more.

Glenn

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Was the Bellamy Brothers song removed from the closing credits? The VHS copy I saw had the "Music has been changed from the theatrical release" warning on the back of the box. I remember getting it and fastforwarding first to the very end to see if the song was changed, and it was still there. All the airings of it I have seen on VHS and cable have used that song. Do some not have it? That would really hurt the film as it really worked.

I am a bit surprised it has been on the shelf for so long. It was quite popular. Comedy Central used to show it all the time. Plus, with Cynthia Nixon from SEX IN THE CITY in it, it could have been rereleased to hype that fact.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Interestingly, at least on the version I saw on HBO several years ago, Barry DeVorzon's "Theme From The Warriors" plays out of a boombox in one scene in the girls' cabin. Makes sense as both are Paramount films from '79-'80.

Knowing the music issues this film has had, I thought perhaps the "Warriors" music was inserted to replace another tune. Was this music always a part of the film?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks