What's new

List of the ten best Three Stooges films featuring Curly (1 Viewer)

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
Hello all,

I recently was watching The Best of The Three Stooges DVD set from Time Life, which gave me the idea to write a web article on the ten best Three Stooges films with Curly Howard. Here's the link to the article: https://hubpages.com/entertainment/List-of-the-ten-best-Three-Stooges-films-from-the-Curly-years

This is the list. It covers Curly's films from 1934 to 1945, as that's what's in the 13 disc Time Life set. I know his films went to 1947, with his cameo in "Hold That Lion" released that year, too:

1. "Punch Drunks", 1934
2. "Men In Black", 1934
3. “Three Little Pigskins”, 1934
4. “Hoi Polloi”, 1935
5. “Three Little Beers”, 1935
6. “Grips, Grunts and Groans”, 1937
7.“Violent Is The Word For Curly”, 1938
8. “A Plumbing We Will Go”, 1940
9. “An Ache In Every Stake”, 1941
10. "Micro-Phonies", 1945

What would be in your list? There's some I missed from the group, like "Pop Goes the Easel"-1935,"Disorder in the Court"-1936, "Three Little Pirates"-1946, and more.

Marshall

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Good list. I'm partial to the late 30s/early 40s films (We Want Our Mummy, A Ducking They Did Go, Yes We Have No Bonanza, Oily to Bed, Oily to Rise). And of course A Plumbing We Will Go. I feel that's when they really hit their groove and got comfortable.

A particular favorite has always been Three Smart Saps for some reason. Curly's girlfriend in that film, Julie Gibson, is the oldest surviving Golden Age performer at age 105.

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
Good list. I'm partial to the late 30s/early 40s films (We Want Our Mummy, A Ducking They Did Go, Yes We Have No Bonanza, Oily to Bed, Oily to Rise). And of course A Plumbing We Will Go. I feel that's when they really hit their groove and got comfortable.

A particular favorite has always been Three Smart Saps for some reason. Curly's girlfriend in that film, Julie Gibson, is the oldest surviving Golden Age performer at age 105.
Thanks Traveling Matt for the comment and info. I appreciate it.
Marshall

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks