What's new
World Wide Stereo

LG and VE announce the HU810PW/AU810PB Dual Laser 4K Projector (1 Viewer)

728x90

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Curious to hear how it compares to other 4K projectors. I don’t understand why laser projectors appear in cheap projectors and ultra-high end projectors...but not in the mid-range (Sony 295+ and JVC N5+) tier. Laser light source seems to be either super awesome or pretty good, but can’t do really good.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I don’t understand why laser projectors appear in cheap projectors and ultra-high end projectors...but not in the mid-range (Sony 295+ and JVC N5+) tier.

Great point. I've never owned a DLP projector and would be concerned with placement flexibility but otherwise this appears to be a very attractive option.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Curious to hear how it compares to other 4K projectors. I don’t understand why laser projectors appear in cheap projectors and ultra-high end projectors...but not in the mid-range (Sony 295+ and JVC N5+) tier. Laser light source seems to be either super awesome or pretty good, but can’t do really good.

I’ve been wondering about this too as I’ve been looking in that “mid-range” tier.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Surprise launch sale for LG's HU810PW with an extra $300 discount so now our all in delivered price is $2,699!

The all black AU810PB with 4 additional features, like 12V trigger, IP and RS232 control, WiSA 5.1 wireless speaker capability, and CalMAN auto calibration get an additional $400 discount making our all in delivered price just $3,599.

Pigbait

Auditioning
Real Name
Alain theriault
Surprise launch sale for LG's HU810PW with an extra $300 discount so now our all in delivered price is $2,699!

The all black AU810PB with 4 additional features, like 12V trigger, IP and RS232 control, WiSA 5.1 wireless speaker capability, and CalMAN auto calibration get an additional $400 discount making our all in delivered price just $3,599.
I'm assuming ETA would be end of January for first shipment?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN

"CALMAN auto calibration??? I 've never seen this option before. It sounds pretty close to what I was getting at with the below thread. Any additional information available?

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
This new promotion is just in!

Purchase LG's white HU810PW or the upscale all black AU810PB projector from Value Electronics & receive $200 credit towards streaming or gaming service of your choice; Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, Xbox.

Edit, I made a mistake as the credit is $200 with the purchase of LG's HU810PW or the AU810PB, not $300. I can gift our HU85LA UST projector clients with a $300 credit.

Last edited:

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Our ship came in LG's black AU810PB allocation just arrived!! We're shipping all of our pre-orders with some excess inventory available for any new orders.

LG's first allocation of HU810PWs are arriving next week.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Yesterday we shipped a large volume of AU810PW with more shipping today and again next week.

Our first allocation of HU810PWs shipped yesterday to us and we'll receive them by the end of next week.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Several very nice reviews are out. I like Spare Change's Youtube review and my friend Rob Sabin, of Projector Central.

We shipped our first two allocations of HU810PWs and AU810PBs, but LG just told us they are further delayed on the third shipment. Tomorrow we'll be offering our clients on our wait list two very special exclusive offers to upgrade to LG's GRU510N 5,000 Nits projector and LG's UST HU85LA projector. So our clients will have the option to wait for the HU810PW/AU810PB or get an immediate shipment of their choice of the HU85LA or GRU510N.

On another matter, one of my clients was incorrectly informed by a member on another forum who is saying the AU810PB's extra features, like, IP & RS232 control, HEX codes to program a remote and CalMAN auto calibration are not working. This is not true, the IP and RS232 control is working well as CalMAN auto calibration, and the discrete HEX codes are listed on pages 154 - 156 of the attached AU810PB owners manual.

Attachments

• LG AU810PB & HU810PW Owners Manual.pdf
    5.9 MB · Views: 121

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks