What's new

LG AF 115 $999 vs benq 1070 vs epson 3020 (1 Viewer)

cole77

Auditioning
Real Name
Cole t
I have been monitoring deals all over the net and the papers, i d ideally like to get a 3d projector and haf my eyes set on epson 3020 and the recently highly rated benq 1070. Light control in my room is not perfect but at 95% and the room is about 21 feet deep When i saw on the paper LG is on sale for 999 it made me think but i am still leaning towards benq Any recommendations?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
We cannot help you without your throw distance and desired screen size. Do you need lens shift? Because the Epson 3020 does not have it. I would not buy an LG projector. CRAPOLA !!

cole77

Auditioning
Real Name
Cole t
Hi jim, I woould likt ask your opinion on the following please Thank you so much for all the previous input and help. After going back and forth between epson 3020 and benq 1070. I settled on Benq w1070. My room is 21 feet deep and the throw distance is 11 feet, my screen size is 120 and all thesennumbers come in line based on the projextor central calculator According to the calculator if i set the projector at 12'3" throw (which i can) i can go as high as 135 diagonal screen So my questions is would going for 135 be better, it looks fine from a seat at 19 feet distance which is within the recommended seating distance (14 to 21 feet) And whether 120 or 135 what brand would you recommend if i want to stay under $300 I saw a mustang and elite brand but not familiar with either (first time setting a home theater) I was able to get a good blackout inside the room with suede curtains Thankmyou in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks