What's new

LG 2024 G4 Gallery Series MLA OLED TV (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
LG has enhanced their flagship G4 with several very nice upgrades!

Check out our new LG 2024 G4 Gallery Series MLA OLED TV webpage with all of the specifications, and .pdf spec sheet.
All prices will also be listed today.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
So true, but that's mostly true for all emissive display technologies, going back to CRT, and Plasma and now with WRGB and QD OLED emissive displays. Before I took the very deep dive into video that I've dedicated my passion and lifetime carers on I always felt it was so unfair for the significantly higher prices as the screen sizes increased.

Sorry to come to the support of the significantly higher priced OLED TVs, but here's a few items to consider.

Building 8.3 million individual self emitting lights then supplying and building the SoC processor to control contrast and all of the various color rendering that goes into reliably delivering quality images. Typically larger screen size TV have larger more powerful power supplies, upgraded heat dissipation systems, the chassis frame construction is designed and built with more stability and oif course significantly more weight and packaging required.

The take away here is it's expediently more costly to build the low production with ultra large physical digital video displays.

Then consider each manufacturer to manage the warranty Nationwide by investing in these ultra large, fragile and expensive panels along with many other large and heavy duty parts that are specific to these huge TV displays.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Sure but that’s not taking into account that there’s obviously a pent up demand for this product/market fit. Smaller brands are going to be the first movers to fill this need. But it will be filled.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Yes we will see aggressive pricing for ultra large screen TVs, but they will be LCD display technology. OLED TVs are significantly more expensive to build in large screen sizes.

In particular, LG's 2024 MLA OLED TVs are their flagship series and to make 33 million micro lenses to perfectly align with every sub-pixel and cover the entire 98" screen is very costly.

Plus the volume will be low, which also brings up the production costs.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Just got an update from LG that our first allocation/shipment of G4 and C4 OLED TVs are now scheduled for the week of March 18th. The 97" G4 will be a a month or so later.

YANG

Screenwriter
LG is kind of aggressive to push their OLED products in my country this year!
3fe970069561110ea19902e4b5c6074ddaecec1a.png

screen cap from my country's Consumer Product Energy Efficiency Certification Agency, and it seems it's going to break 20models listings...​

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn

This will be one of the very best presentations of all time! I've know Gregg Lee for 25+ years and he is one of my very favorite highly knowledgeable video experts!

All of LG's upcoming 2024 TVs have exceptional technology advancements in LG's priority SoCs chipsets, the new firmware, and LG's OLED and MiniLED panels.

This will be a very big year for LG, and thankfully for LG's dealers, and consumers!

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Check out this very excellent side-by-side comparison of the 4 top TVs by our friend Classy Tech Calibrations:

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Check out Brian's Tech Therapy YouTube Gaming review of LG's new 2024 G4 MLA OLED TV. He'll be gaming on his PC with 144Hz games.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Check out this YouTube video presentation on the premium 2024 TVs!

Reviewing LG G4 vs S95D QN900D A95L Processing, Gaming, Sports & More:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks