What's new

Pre-Order Leviathan (1989) (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
41uxp7jmbqL.jpg 81bQS1EnhhL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
This is one of the better 80's underwater sea monster B movies. I think it may have been an Italian-American co-production but, thankfully, it's got more polished American production values. Had it been more of an Italian production you would've seen goofier dialogue, really bad acting and laughable "sets" and rubber-suited creatures - all trademarks of Italian fly-by-night "homages".

I enjoy the film but I don't think I'll be double dipping. For starters, Kino couldn't get access to the OCN as it's held by the Italian producers and they wouldn't play ball (as the story goes). I wouldn't count on there being a sizeable upgrade in PQ. This is one of those films where people weren't necessarily clamoring for another edition. Maybe grab a copy during a sale but, yeah, this isn't crying for a double dip.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I missed the Shout Factory release, so I am very happy that Kino is releasing a 4K Scan (of the 35mm Interpositive), and at a lower retail price, while giving us a 4K UHD disc AND a blu-ray disc. Great stuff, and thanks Kino for combining the UHD disc and the Blu-ray together in the same package.

Soon I'll be able to have a Triple Matinee of the three underwater films of 1989.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Preordered the UHD; been waiting for this one for what seems like forever. Great memories of watching this growing up; good special effects and a very Thing-underwater-esque vibe to it.

I missed Scream Factory's release, so this wouldn't be a double dip for me; last time I saw it was on a recorded VHS tape years ago. Will be fun to revisit this campy little underwater horror flick, which I actually enjoyed more than both The Abyss and Deep Star Six.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
A bit too pricey at $40.
Do you mean total with shipping and all that? Because we paid $27 or so before all that crap...

I didn't want to pay this much, either, for the title, but with Kino, you gotta almost act immediately before these go out of print. I made that mistake with snatching up their Blu-ray of Meteor with Sean Connery and Natalie Wood; now it's out of print and I won't be able to replace my non-anamorphic DVD version.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Do you mean total with shipping and all that? Because we paid $27 or so before all that crap...

I didn't want to pay this much, either, for the title, but with Kino, you gotta almost act immediately before these go out of print. I made that mistake with snatching up their Blu-ray of Meteor with Sean Connery and Natalie Wood; now it's out of print and I won't be able to replace my non-anamorphic DVD version.
Amazon hasn’t discounted the MSRP yet. The final sale price on Amazon will be closer to what you’re paying for it before the release date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks