Lethal weapon 2 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by michael deakin, Jul 17, 2002.

1. michael deakin

michael deakin Stunt Coordinator

Michael Charles Deakin
    Hi guys.
    Can someone tell me why my copy of "lethal weapon 2" is non-anamorphic while all the other " lethal weapon" films are. The box does said enhanced for 16*9 , But on playback this is not the case. Either the box is wrong and it's just wide-screen , Or i have the standard version on both sides.
    Mike[​IMG]

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

The original release of Lethal Weapon 2 had a misprint.

The new "director's cut" release with a dts sound option is presented in 16:9 and does include the same featurette from the original DVD.

3. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

The easiest way to tell the difference between the two (other than it saying Directors Cut on the front), is the original release came in a flat silver packaging. The Directors cut is in a bluish-silver semi-metallic packaging.

4. michael deakin

michael deakin Stunt Coordinator

Michael Charles Deakin
    Guys.
    I got the disc a few years back so i know it's the original version. What i cant understand is why the original "lethal weapon 1" was anamorphic and this is'nt.
    mike.

5. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Someone probably goofed at Warner Home Video and didn't make the second film 16:9 on the original release. The new "director's cut" release rectifies this mistake.