What's new

Legends of Tomorrow (Season 5) (2 Viewers)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Tuesday's episode is the episode that writes them out. However, there's a rumor one or both might appear in the season finale.
I hope they have already filmed that. I don't know about Vancouver, but shooting sets just shut down in California.

Just read in the The Flash thread and (it was probably mentioned earlier here) that Legends has finished all filming. So, guess there were no pickups for the two of them in the finale. If they are there, then their appearances were filmed before Crisis was filmed (as mentioned in Brandon's interview). The Flash just stopped production.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The next two episodes have been replaced with repeats, as The CW tries to space out its remaining inventory of new episodes.

EDIT: Tomorrow's episode will apparently still be a new one. It's the subsequent two that have been replaced by repeats.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I was disappointed by Ray and Nora's exit. Story wise the reason for the exit was weak. I wish the show runner or writers had come up with a better reason and built up that reason from the beginning of the season. Story as broadcast just made it seem like it probably was, a budget decision by the CW and Warner Bros. It was most definitely not story driven.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was disappointed by Ray and Nora's exit. Story wise the reason for the exit was weak. I wish the show runner or writers had come up with a better reason and built up that reason from the beginning of the season. Story as broadcast just made it seem like it probably was, a budget decision by the CW and Warner Bros. It was most definitely not story driven.
If you listen to the interview with Brandon Routh, he was not pleased with how the CW handled it. It seems the show runners thought that Ray's story had come to a natural conclusion, but it didn't feel that way to the actors or to us.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I miss Ray, but I'm still really happy to have the show back.

Slimming down the cast on the Waverider made room for the season's Big Bad to take center stage. She's one of the more effective villains the show's had; she reminds me of Hela from Thor: Ragnarok in that she's just death incarnate. The only two characters she doesn't manage to kill are John Constantine (one of the world's most accomplished sorcerers) and Sara Lance (for whom death has a, shall we say, tenuous hold on anyway).

I'm glad the show is playing Mick's daughter as more of a slow burn. Ava's plan to insert Mick into Lita's life through targeted, surgical insertions didn't alleviate Lita's sense of abandonment, it just altered it. In a way, this might be worse. Before, Lita may have hated that Mick hadn't been in her life, but she could take solace in knowing that he hadn't even known about her. Now, instead, she has just enough memories to feel like he didn't want to be involved with her life in a more meaningful way. The thing is, Mick is a deadbeat dad -- but for a very unconventional reason. Lita's whole existence is basically an alteration to the timeline. I hope Lita eventually finds out about his day job, and the circumstances that prevented Mick from being a bigger part of her life.

Doing an episode that was actually set in present day Vancouver was fun, especially since their mission took them on the set of "Supernatural", which apparently had a record-setting run on Earth-Prime as well.

With regard to Zari's storyline:
I had a feeling that Behrad was going to die at some point this season, given that Shayan Sobhian has been credited as a guest star the entire season. It's a credit to the writing and Sobhian's performance that he didn't just feel like a red shirt placeholder. I am actually going to miss him. Two major losses from the Waverider in back to back episodes.

The one silver lining is that the totems apparently also serve as an afterlife for anyone who has been a bearer, including bearers from alternate timelines. So even though ‎Atropos killed him, Behrad hasn't been entirely erased from existence. And the old Zari from the original timeline will finally get a chance to know the man her brother grew up to be.

It also creates a somewhat unique acting opportunity for Tala Ashe, because the Zari from the new timeline has now experienced the same defining loss as the Zari from the original timeline. It will be interesting to see how that affects her performance.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It was nice to see the old Zari back, but here’s the problem I have with these shows: they take one thing that everyone enjoyed about the show (in this case, Zari and/or Zari’s relationship with Nate), break it and make you wait all season to get it back. That may be a way to hook the audience but it makes for very unsatisfying viewing.

If I’m being honest, Legends is the only one of these shows I still enjoy (although I could do without the Constantine mumbo-jumbo). I still watch Flash and Supergirl, but it’s more routine now than anything. Batwoman I can’t watch anymore because of how sadistic it’s become.

These shows need a new formula to be fresh again.

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
Considering Legends used to be one of the highlights of my viewing; I’m afraid I’ve had enough. The show is now just dire and I don’t like or relate to any of the characters. I feel so sorry for Dominic Purcell as he is too good an actor to have to put up with what he has been given to do. I don’t blame Brandon Routh for leaving either as his talent has been wasted for probably at least a season.

Batwoman is unwatchable and I’ve lost all interest in Supergirl and have loads of episodes left to watch.

I am still watching The Flash but only just.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, tonight’s episode was a very unenjoyable hour.

A few moments with Gideon, but overall a thoroughly joyless and depressing episode

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode did a good job of moving various characters' stories forward while having fun parodying a variety of television genres.

Caity Lotz imitating Kevin Pollak imitating William Shatner was fun, but Dominic Purcell as Khan was everything.

Given that the season finales always switch up the lineup of the Legends, it'll be interesting to see who's left standing after next week's finale.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm catching up with this show. I haven't seen the TV episode but I've seen all the others. I enjoyed the Zari, Not Zari episode, the Great British Fakeoff, and Ship Broken, but I groaned a little too much at the frat house episode (Freaks and Geeks) and I really, really think the whole zombie thing is way over done (I Am Legends). I look forward to the last two though, and sorry that it won't be back for year.

This is still the one Arrowverse show I never miss (even if I am behind). And that's because it's fun. I wish I could say that for Supergirl and Batwoman. Another thing I like about Legends is that even though it has a serialized story through the whole season (and if I am being honest, I'm not quite sure what that is this year; something to do with Hell and Charlie's "sister"), it still feels like an episodic show. We discuss it by saying "the one where they're on TV," or "the one in the fraternity," "the one with the broken ship," and so on.

BTW, the season 5 blu-ray was announced; it comes out 9/22/2020.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Ok! I'm caught up and ready for the finale! I really liked the TV episode. I would have liked it if all it did was bring back the old Zari, whose presence was really missed this year (and I hate how it took an entire season to get back to the place she and everyone else were at at the end of last season). But how anyone could watch this and not howl with laughter and think that this is just a tremendous amount of fun, I don't know.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Looks like one major cast departure and one character who's going to be off the Waverider for at least the first part of the sixth season:
Given that this whole season was about the culmination of Charlie's story, it makes sense that she's the one to leave. Maisie Richardson-Sellers had told the showrunners that she wanted to go off and make her own films, so the writers knew going into the fifth season that this run of episodes would be her last. It was a satisfying conclusion for her character, but I'll miss having Richardson-Sellers as part of the cast.

And with Sara abducted by aliens, it seems clear the first arc of the next season will be about rescuing her.

I prefer Zari 2.0, so I'm glad she's the one who's sticking around. But I'm glad the final couple episodes gave Zari 1.0 a chance to wrap up her unfinished business. I do think Zari 2.0 and Constantine have way better chemistry than Zari 1.0 and Nate.

Sisqo's cameo as himself in the Hall of Bad Ideas was fun.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Was glad to see Behrad survive the finale. I hope they make Shayan Sobhian a series regular next season . I thought he might sacrifice himself to save Zari 1.0 as Behrad died in both timelines.

That was Courtney Ford back as Marie Antoinette wasn't it? I didn't see a credit for her in the finale episode.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I liked the finale but was disappointed in the resolution, as I liked Smart Zari better than Party Zari. What is it about this show that there are now two actresses who have played two different roles on the show?

Nevertheless, the show is fun, which is something that many other shows, especially on the CW, lack.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Was glad to see Behrad survive the finale. I hope they make Shayan Sobhian a series regular next season . I thought he might sacrifice himself to save Zari 1.0 as Behrad died in both timelines.
He's mentioned in the press blurb for next season, so I would assume he will be a series regular. He'll fill the bromance slot with Nate that Ray vacated.

That was Courtney Ford back as Marie Antoinette wasn't it? I didn't see a credit for her in the finale episode.
She was actually credited as a series regular, in the same position that she was credited before her and Brandon Routh left the show. She sat out at least one of the episodes during the early run of the season, so I'd imagine that the show cashed that commitment in for the finale.

I liked the finale but was disappointed in the resolution, as I liked Smart Zari better than Party Zari.
They're actually both smart, they just express that intelligence in different ways. I like Zari 2.0 better, partially because she gets to play more comedy than Zari 1.0, and partially because Zari 2.0 and Constantine have a lot better chemistry than Zari 1.0 and Nate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks