What's new

"Last Summer" (Frank Perry) on DVD? (1 Viewer)

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Anyone know if this film is available anywhere on DVD (Besides this DVD-R copy) And if anyone has seen this copy, what's the quality? Also, is it the R version or the PG?
last.jpg

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Warner owns the copyright, so I suspect, no I know that that is a bootleg. Buyer beware, for Warner’s has repeatedly said the elements are in poor shape but they are working on getting it released.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Having watched Barbara Hershey in The Public Eye two days ago, I'm very much in the mood to see Last Summer again. What a shame it's not available on disc.

John Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Gilmore
Kind of ironic to me that I watched this movie on TV several times as a kid. Back when local stations used to show Hollywood movies regularly, KPIX in San Francisco had a few movies in rotation that they would show when they needed to fill time. The ones I remember would show up frequently were Last Summer, Psycho, and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

ArnoldLayne

Premium
Real Name
Chris
Warner owns the copyright, so I suspect, no I know that that is a bootleg. Buyer beware, for Warner’s has repeatedly said the elements are in poor shape but they are working on getting it released.
Here's hoping it's getting closer; would this be a WAC product? Anywhere to watch it streaming?

gudemameshiba

Auditioning
Real Name
Nicholas
Here's hoping it's getting closer; would this be a WAC product? Anywhere to watch it streaming?
On one of the last WAC podcasts, George Feltenstein basically said that the final reel was misplaced during the Allied Artists acquisition, that the next best element is the well-worn Australian print, and that they were not going to fund a new master with the last reel tacked on from the Australian print.

Purple Wig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alan
I’m pretty sure this was screened at the New Beverly Cinema in 2018/19...not sure what shape the print was in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks