What's new

KV-34HS510 Ruined (1 Viewer)

Jeramy P

Auditioning
:angry:
Well after having this set for about 4 months I decided to purchase the the Avia DVD and calibrate it myself. The first thing I did was record all the values in the service menu so I could put it back to the original configuration if necessary. Next I downloaded a spreadsheet of another users values for the 34XBR910 which I was told was 90% correct. I now have a horrible Geometry error in the Lower Right corner, and the HD signal that comes in through Video 7 (DVI) flickers dark and light and looks horrible. I have a Composite connection through video 5 that looks decent but still has geometry errors. I tried to set the values back to the ones that I recorded and when I Write them, no luck. It still looks bad. Is there anything that I can do to correct this? Should I just call to have a Sony Service rep come out and fix it? Should I just have somebody in the DC area ISF calibrate it? Thanks for your help, I am very sad I ruined this, I have been saving for months to purchase this.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member

Yes to the first question. Yes to the second question after you've taken care of the first.

I know you're in a panic state, but try to calm down. You most likely have only screwed up those service-level settings, and have not — I repeat, have not — "ruined" your Sony WEGA.

Also, AVIA is intended as a guide for calibrating the set via the standard user-menu controls. For service-menu adjustments, much better to leave it in the hands of a professional.

The big pitfall with calling the Sony rep is that your visit to the service menu has voided your warranty.

Since that is the case, maybe your ISF rep is best to take care of both fixing the misadjustments and then calibrating it.

Make a call now.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Jeremy,
When I was playing in the older Sony's you were able to complete reset the service menu to original values.
Check this out if you have not been here yet.here

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Just remember that this is not a warranty service call. If it somehow becomes one, then that is fraud.

As you found out the hard way, settings between sets cannot be shared so easily. It is akin to sharing the combination to your lock with someone else ... maybe it works and maybe it doesn't.

Regards

Jeramy P

Auditioning
I had an ISF Calibration Technician come out and he verified that my problem is only present on 1080i. What happens if I reset the MID by using the [7] [jump] [enter]? It says that it will go back to factory settings, would that be the settings the way that I got them? Thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks