What's new

Kitchen Confidential -- Hope not full screen (1 Viewer)

Josh_LaF

Agent
Real Name
Josh
Here's the press release from tvshowsondvd.com
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6981

I really hope FOX isn't releasing this in full screen. This would be two shows recently (that I can think of) that FOX messed up the other being How I Met Your Mother, which i still haven't bought because I'm mad. Why do you think FOX had done this?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
sitcoms and widescreen just don't really mix IMO. Now a show like Lost or Alias, I understand, but I cringe when I see SNL in widescreen these days also, that is so not meant to look cinematic. Hell, look at all the people boycotting Golden Girls season 7 because 3 episodes are in widescreen.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
There are a number of producers of tv shows these days who are being forced to release their material to the networks in widescreen when their intention and preference would be for full frame. Many feel that this is a more intimate feeling and often those producers frame those shows for full screen so there is frequently nothing off to the sides of the frames.

I buy Widescreen when Widescreen is the obivous intended aspect ratio... but with television I don't automatically assume that is the case.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Fox occasionally messes up their press releases. Harsh Realm was widescreen and the press release and even the box list it as being full frame.

And there's also the possibility mentioned above that the show is intended to be shown at 1.33 despite widescreen HD airings.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Fox also had "All 11 episodes" listed on the press release, but I changed it to 13, since that's how many there are. I'm trying to get an answer from someone there and find out what the episodes are.

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad it was another press release error on their part, but it's always good to assume the information is correct and try to get an answer why it's that way, than assume it's incorrect and then find out it's full screen when the set is released.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks