What's new

Kim Darby Day (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'm always looking for novel ways to use my collection of DVDs. I had the day off and decided to pick ten or so episodes from series across the board that all had one thing in common: appearances by Kim Darby.

So far today I have watched episodes from:

Marcus Welby
Ironside
The Streets of San Francisco
Bonanza
Gunsmoke
The Man from UNCLE

Still to come after dinner:

The Fugitive (2 episodes)
Dr. Kildare (2 episodes)
Wagon Train
Star Trek

This is a lot of fun, and something that would be impossible to do with Netflix.

th.jpg

Last edited:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I enjoy doing the same thing. So far I've had Susan Oliver , Diane Baker and Lois Nettleton nights.

Last edited:

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I enjoy doing the same thing. So far I've had Susan , Diane Baker and Lois Nettleton nights.
Susan Oliver?

I just wrapped up my day's Kim Darby fest with an unscheduled viewing of her Donna Reed Show episode.

This has been really fun. It reminds me how much I need to watch shows I have relegated to the basement, so to speak, like Gunsmoke, Bonanza, and Wagon Train.

This was a well spent day off.

006-2.jpg

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Nice autographed picture Alan...I recently watched a season 10 Gunsmoke with a very young Kim Darby...Great idea for theme night or all day viewing...I definitely can relate to wanting to spend a whole day and night with Kim Darby, Susan Oliver, Lois Nettleton etc...I think I could comprise a pretty good lineup featuring Tuesday Weld, Suzanne Pleshette, Yvonne Craig, Nita Talbot, Carol Lynley, Barbara Luna, Elizabeth Allen, Gigi Perreau, Nancy Kovack among others...

Maybe this says something strange about me, but the closest I've come to doing something similar was in putting together a Don Rickles guest star festival...featuring episodes from Dick Van Dyke, Wagon Train, TZ, Burke's Law, Thin Man, I Spy, Munsters, Gomer Pyle, F Troop, Wild Wild West etc...

Last edited:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Its also a way to watch some of the hundreds of thousands of shows in the collection. Even if I never left my house again, there's no way I would have time to watch everything in the collection (unless I lived to be 300). So its a way to sample episodes of some of the longer running shows like Medical Center, Dr. Kildare, some westerns, etc.

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Great idea, Dave.

It would be pretty easy to put together an Arthur O'Connell day, an R.G. Armstrong day, a Bruce Dern day... but my pick is a Lois Nettleton day.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I love doing these kinds of marathons. John Fiedler was a fun one, as was Burgess Meredith. (I promise I also do marathons of taller actors.) Just did a Dana Wynter one recently; she was a good actress and it was instructive to see that when the shows gave her a lot to do, she was good at it. Sadly, a lot of shows didn't give her much.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
So many more series I need to add to my collection! On a recent Route 66 binge on Decades TV I saw episodes with Diane Baker and that was a fun one, rather out of the ordinary and more in the realm of fantasy. Also two with Susan Oliver in meaty roles. And one with Suzanne Pleshette. But I rarely see anything with Kim Darby, so this list of shows is a good one for my knowledge bank.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I am considering doing a Billy Mummy/Ron Howard fest on my next day off. I figure I can work both in during one day since many of the shows they appeared in are 25 minutes.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I just watched the season 7 Alfred Hitchcock Presents episode "Bang, You're Dead" on the Fabulous Film's R2 release, with the aforementioned Billy Mumy...the then 5 year old little guy really impresses with his performance...this was one of Hitchcock's rare director credits in the run...as I watched it, I tried to detect telltale signs of Hitchcock's abusive and bullying direction in young Billy's face...hard to tell, but the whole story is, of course, one of anxious tension anyway...it was filmed in the July heat of LA in the summer of 1961...that was a very hot summer... I remember getting a severe sunburn that same year, and was also 5...according to Billy Mumy's own recollection, a sweating and "mean" Hitch threatened to nail his feet to the mark if he didn't quit fidgeting...

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Really a pretty nifty idea for those of us with large tv-dvd libraries, I must admit. It would help create a good excuse to delve into some series that might have been unintentionally neglected for a long period of time. Lots of nice potentialities, like days devoted to favorites like Diane Baker, Joanne Linville, Anne Francis, and such.

In some ways I've sort of done this before, when I'm heading to one of those nostalgia-oriented film festivals, and want to bone up on the work of some celebrity guest. Like last month at Williamsburg, I got to see Audrey Dalton and Jacqueline Scott, among others. Or, last year, seeing folks like Robert Colbert, Julie Adams, Connie Stevens, and such, at the Memphis Film Festival. It's always good because such viewings can spark some topic you might want to question them on.

Seems most of our proposed viewing days seem to revolve around the fair sex. I shouldn't be so neglectful of our male actors. Lots of them to go round, too. Let's see. Hmm, "Walter Burke day" ...Eh, maybe not. I think I'm going to stick with the purty gals.

redbird

Agent
Real Name
M
I used to do this sort of marathon (minimum of 5 different shows for the actor to appear in). Problem is my collection has gotten so huge that I couldn't keep up with the research lol. I'll have to try it out again as the only marathon type I've done in recent years are completed series that I own. A people marathon would get me to see eps of the uncompleted series at least.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The research part is easy. All you have to do is check imdb and I usually have the results I need in a few minutes to do marathons like the recent "Carole Demas" one I did.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Well, I ain't no Kim Darby, but I am an HTF member who does shares the same birthday as she.:cheers:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks