What's new

Killing Time in the East Village? (1 Viewer)

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
I'm visiting New York City for the first time this weekend. I'm meeting up with a friend who lives there Saturday night, but I'll have several hours on my own beforehand. What can one do to kill an afternoon in the East Village, where my hotel is?

Phil L

Supporting Actor
You might try visiting The Strand, the largest used bookstore in the city. I've spent lots of $$ and time there. Prices are terrific but you wind up leaving with more than 20 books. It’s at 12th and Broadway.

You could go to Washington Square Park and hang around or lose money quickly by playing chess.

Or you could just walk around and find something of interest, you will find something, after all it is New York.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I agree with Phil. Just walk around. In the East Village, be sure to talk down St. Mark's Place - always interesting on a Saturday with some cool shops. Check out Multimedia 1.0 - it's a videogame shop and they have ALL the old vintage systems and games (along with all the new stuff, of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks