What's new

Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair. Where is it? (6 Viewers)

Jimbo.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dimitrios
Quinten Tarantino has been teasing us with Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair for ten years. Will we ever see a release on disc?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I suspect a disc release is about as likely as a disc release of the Roadshow cut of The Hateful Eight.
Yeah, I think Tarantino views that and the 'complete version' of the Kill Bills as something for movie theaters only and there will never be a home video release. I think if Grindhouse hadn't tanked, he'd held that one back from getting released too but The Weinstein Company had to make some money back from it.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Hell, as far as I know, the US never got a release of the Japanese cut of Volume 1, with the House of Blue Leaves fight in color. I have it on Japanese DVD, but I'm not sure if it ever got a Blu-ray release in Japan.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
It doesn't exist. End of story. All those claims and rumors have either been debunked as hoaxes or never followed through on.

Jimbo.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dimitrios

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Hell, as far as I know, the US never got a release of the Japanese cut of Volume 1, with the House of Blue Leaves fight in color. I have it on Japanese DVD, but I'm not sure if it ever got a Blu-ray release in Japan.
I had that disc but let someone borrow it, and never got it back. This is the only other scene I remember being different

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber

I still have both of the elaborate Japanese DVD box sets.

killbill.jpg

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Maybe we’ll see this if and when Tarantino makes KB 3, which he’s hinted at a few times, and being that it’s “part three,” he doesn’t see it as an 11th movie. (He already counts KB 1 & 2 as one movie.)

Has there been a UHD release for these films? We’re still waiting on those, right?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm holding thumbs that when he makes his last movie we'll see a boxset that will have the Whole Bloody Affair cut and the H8 roadshow too.
That said, I thought Japan had a limited release of it? I have a bootleg and didn't think it was fan made one. If it was fan made, it plays great with the colour sequence and Michael Jai White showdown included.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I'm holding thumbs that when he makes his last movie we'll see a boxset that will have the Whole Bloody Affair cut and the H8 roadshow too.
That said, I thought Japan had a limited release of it? I have a bootleg and didn't think it was fan made one. If it was fan made, it plays great with the colour sequence and Michael Jai White showdown included.

The Japanese DVD box sets pictured above contain the House of Blue Leaves scene in Vol. 1 in full color and slightly more violent. Vol. 2 also has some very minor shot extensions. However, they are not "The Whole Bloody Affair" with both volumes edited into one long movie.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
A UHD release of Bill really would look eye-popping (& maybe with the big fight in colour) & I'm sure it's coming. I quite like it in two films, to me they have a slightly different vibe, & these days I'm not sure I have the stamina to sit through a film that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks