What's new

KATE BUSH: ARIEL- Japanese SPECIAL DEAL (1 Viewer)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
inexplicably, Amazon must have gotten a boat load of overstock of KB:A from Japan;
At first they were $9.99-I got mine-now $14.99. Usually imported Japanese CDs are in the $30-40 range or more **EDIT as of June 6- the Amazon price is now $65-though amazon resellers have it new for $10-15!
This EMI set has a more "deluxe", well-crafted feel to it, than the american "keep churning out product " US SONY set has. Plus you dont have that damn FBI logo f*cking up the cover art. all terriitories are digipack, but the Japan cd is sturdier-and the use plastic inner sleeves-ill bet the US edition probably just shoved the discs into the cardboard. And yes its starting to grow on me. As I look back at the promo material/covers they really did try to push the cheesecake image for a while

Amazon.com: Aerial: Kate Bush: Music

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
a note on the new Japanese Kate Bush Catalog.

Inexplicably, EMI have chosen to release the whole set of the KB catalog here as of May 13.They APPARENTLY have been remastered.
All are in the mini "LP cover" down to the last detail-even the EMI LP innersleeves that advise you on the care of your record! Or lyrics and art as the case may be-they even include a DIY Japensese KICK INSIDE front, exclusive to japan that had a doe-eyed Kate up front with a very tight ample cleavage revealing front cover in pink tank top; Keep the UK version or rubber cement the alternate cover to the front!!
The weird thing is -these came out out of nowhere-AND all from 2005-and are only being pushed now-Ive never heard of them until I happened upon one in a B&N one day;
They are numbered as a series ie: TOCP 2990, 2991, 2992 etc
They are excellently crafted to the finest detail-even the labels.
They can be had from $25 down to $14 if you look
They include an inner clear poly bag as most Japanese media do, and a zip lock bag for protection )and to keep the OBI inside.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit

Are they remastered for sure?

Amazon describes them as "Features most recently mastered audio" That doesn't mean they are remastered necessarily.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
from Kate Bush News & Information - News

12th March 2006: Kate's first 7 albums were re-issued in Japan last year and will be available on import in the UK & Ireland from March 13th 2006 (please note that these are NOT the re-mastered re-issues that we've been awaiting from EMI UK, these are just very nicely repackaged CDs made to look like the original vinyl versions, with inserts etc).

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Four months of a Kate Bush thread and Vickie still hasn't reared her head?

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
It might be a long wait-because MOST fans not knowing, not able to read Japanese, not reading her fan club, will buy these since they are "new" thus really killing sales of yet another release in a year or 2,
when theyll say -"sheesh they just released these not too long ago" Amazon gives these a May 2008 release date, when in fact thats not true.

This could be another EMI "remastered" Beatles situation-which have been rumored for release for well over a year or 2 (iTunes/APPLE were going to get first crack at them-since Apple and APPLE shook hands and are now friends)yet there is still no announced release date, and when there is-another 6 month wait for them to be in the shops.
I remember when Zoon-or whatever they called it, claimed THEY would be first with the Beatles-do they even make them anymore?

Its been 14 years, and EMI have still not remastered the once remastered PINK FLOYD catalog-which could be justified as sound technology has advanced a hundredfold since then. The just released boxset would have been the perfect time...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks