Just ordered the Denon dvm-1815 5 disk changer

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Eric Stuckey, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

Hi

It is a new modle for 03` It was to come out 8/7 but now it looks like Denon pushed it back to 8/20 Oh well Good things come to those who wait..Right?! Here are the specks on it.
    http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/dvm18153.pdf
    Regards Everyone.
    Eric

2. Mike Matthews

Mike Matthews Stunt Coordinator

i'm thinking about getting this, as my primary function for my HT set up will be music listening, and i want to make sure that the DVD changer i get works as a REALLY good CD changer.

anyway - is there anything not great about it? any important features missing?

3. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

No dvd-audio ,but That makes no difference to me.

4. Mike Matthews

Mike Matthews Stunt Coordinator

what exactly is dvd-audio?

5. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

DVD-A is a relatively new music format that was introduced to the marketplace, and is a simlar concept to the sound when you are watching DVD's. It provides a separate audio signal to your 5 speakers and sub. This is really in it's infancy as not too many discs are available in DVD-A and players are now just starting to become available at affordable prices for the masses. SACD is a similar concept offering 5.1 audio, but some of the SACD's are not 5.1, just a higher resolution 2 channel cd than standard redbook cd's. Also, if I remember correctly, SACD's with a 5.1 soundtrack also have a regular 2 channel track as well for listening in regular cd players, such as in your car. If I screwed any of this up, please feel free to step in everyone else.

Also, just to throw another option out, I recently picked up a Yamaha CX1 for $499 at a local B&M store, which has faroujda processing, burr-brown dac's, and dvd-a. Have been very happy with it so far.

6. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

UPDATE:
    I just found out that it was NOT delayed untill the 20th. Crutchfiled got 68 of them in today! Well make that 67 since I ordered mine. [​IMG]

7. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

I got it today. It has a better picture then the Panny RP-82 If you can believe that.So far I'm glad I got it. [​IMG]