What's new

Just ordered the Denon dvm-1815 5 disk changer (1 Viewer)

Mike Matthews

Stunt Coordinator
i'm thinking about getting this, as my primary function for my HT set up will be music listening, and i want to make sure that the DVD changer i get works as a REALLY good CD changer.

anyway - is there anything not great about it? any important features missing?

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
DVD-A is a relatively new music format that was introduced to the marketplace, and is a simlar concept to the sound when you are watching DVD's. It provides a separate audio signal to your 5 speakers and sub. This is really in it's infancy as not too many discs are available in DVD-A and players are now just starting to become available at affordable prices for the masses. SACD is a similar concept offering 5.1 audio, but some of the SACD's are not 5.1, just a higher resolution 2 channel cd than standard redbook cd's. Also, if I remember correctly, SACD's with a 5.1 soundtrack also have a regular 2 channel track as well for listening in regular cd players, such as in your car. If I screwed any of this up, please feel free to step in everyone else.

Also, just to throw another option out, I recently picked up a Yamaha CX1 for $499 at a local B&M store, which has faroujda processing, burr-brown dac's, and dvd-a. Have been very happy with it so far.

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
UPDATE:
I just found out that it was NOT delayed untill the 20th. Crutchfiled got 68 of them in today! Well make that 67 since I ordered mine. :D

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
I got it today. It has a better picture then the Panny RP-82 If you can believe that.So far I'm glad I got it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks