What's new

Just got an X-Box. Now I need some Games! (1 Viewer)

Youssef

Stunt Coordinator
Well I just traded in my gamecube for an XBox. I dont know but lately I have been very dissapointed in the games that the Gamecube and Xbox have been offering. I bought Metroid Prime and I thought it sucked. Now I am not a big fan of FPS. I actually think they are the worst way to play a game BUT I am a HUGE fan of action games. I still have my PS2 and I absolutely LOVE Onimusha 1 (didn't care for the sequel), Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Solid. Those are the only 3 games I play over and over on my Playstation. So my question is what games can you guys tell me to get for my XBox? I currently have NFL2K3 which looks amazing on my HDTV Widescreen TV but I really want to get a good XBox action game. If it's 2 players thats even better b/c I luv multiplayer games anyways. I rented Halo and it was ok but like I said before, I really don't care for FPS at ALL. I played Splinter Cell and just wasn't my type of game. For some reason it just reminds me of a computer game and I hate computer games. So any suggestions???

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
MechAssault (best online, but still pretty good multiplayer offline)
Jet Set Radio Future
Fatal Frame might be a good game for you.
The XBox's greatest strengths are currently:
online gaming
sports titles
racing titles (they need a good wheel though)
sega titles
first-person 'shooters' of various sorts
I doubt anybody would disagree with my assessment. Of course, there are other noteworthy titles, but those are the areas of strength...and they are pretty damned strong.
With titles coming from Rare, Lionhead, Blizzard, and others, a more diverse lineup is on the way.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
MechAssault might be good as well. That has a single player campaign, as well as multiplayer support and Xbox Live support.

*EDIT*
Oops. Didn't see that you had played SC already.

Youssef

Stunt Coordinator
Hey thanks for the quick reply guys. On another note, how come some of the bigger developers such as Capcom and Konami have yet to make some original games for the X-Box? The only company that is making games on the X Box that I am excited about is Rare.

Scott "E"

Second Unit
Well I just traded in my gamecube for an XBox. I dont know but lately I have been very dissapointed in the games that the Gamecube and Xbox have been offering.
I don't understand why you would get an Xbox if you find the games disappointing? :confused:
To answer your question though, I'd recommend the following:
-Buffy: The Vampire Slayer
-Enclave
-Hunter: The Reckoning
The only one of the games that has true multiplayer support is Hunter, it's a Gauntlet type game, 4 players at the same time. Also, each one of the games can be had for $30 new.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
On another note, how come some of the bigger developers such as Capcom and Konami have yet to make some original games for the X-Box?
Because they develop primary for their home market, then selectively port titles to other markets where they feel there is interest. And the XBox isn't doing well in Japan. Actually, Konami doesn't support the Gamecube very well compared to the PS2.

Capcom does have 'Steel Battalion' for the XBox. And various fighting ports to come.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
You didn't like Splinter Cell!? Each to his own I guess. However, there are a few other decent action games on X-Box. The Thing is pretty good and it's awesome if your a fan of the movie. Also, Deathrow has turned out to be one of the box's better games as well.

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
DOA3. And get the bonus costumes available on many of the early X-box mag discs.

Great fighter.

Peter

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
I'm getting an X-BOX for christmas, and this is the list I've come up with, personally, as the 'cream of the crop.' Note that there's very little in the way of sports.

Dead Or Alive 3
Dead Or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball
Steel Batallion
Silent Hill 2
Metal Gear Solid 2
Fatal Frame
Robotech: Battlecry
Shenmue II
Halo
SSX Tricky
Hunter: The Reckoning
Gunvalkyrie
Deathrow
Max Payne
Splinter Cell!
ToeJam & Earl 3
Spider-Man The Movie
MechAssault
amped
Batman: Vengence
Bloodrayne
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
I would second buffy the vampire slayer. Truly a great game that went mostly unnoticed. Awesome control and good story. Best thing is the same people that made it are the ones making the new indiana jones game. Here's to hoping it fares as well.

Jeff Holton

Stunt Coordinator
You don't like HALO, Splinter Cell, or Metroid...

yikes, I would put those as my top three games over the last couple of years...

I'm not sure if my suggestion will help since our tastes appear to be vastly different, but I really enjoyed Max Payne, Ghost Recon, and Hitman 2

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Is Buffy really that good? I read bad reviews of it. Extended Play said that the camera was bad and the game got brutally hard towards the end.

Mike

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Go for Deathrow, especially if you have a friend or two you can play with on a regular basis. My friend and I play it every weekend when we get together to watch football games (currently playing the Extreme difficulty).

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I second Deathrow, if you care for sports games at all, it is a huge sleeper hit.

Pardon me for asking, but what made you love MGS2 and not like Splinter Cell? To me, they are almost the exact same gameplay with some different gadgets and storyline (I love em both.)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Buffy has a fine camera. The dream level IS really pissy, this I'll grant but it's a great game. And it's $30 SRP now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks