What's new

Jean Luc Godard Contempt 2 disc 11/12 (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...002/08_27.html
due on 11/12 is the Jean-Luc Godard classic Contempt in a brand-new two-disc set. Presented in a new 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer (supervised by cinematographer Raoul Coutard) and the original French 2.0 stereo with optional English subtitles, extras include an audio commentary with film scholar Robert Stam, two documentaries on Godard, "Fritz Lang on the set of Contempt" footage, a short film by Peter Fleischmann, a 61-minute "The Dinosaur and the Baby" conversation between Jean-Luc Godard and Fritz Lang, a Godard interview excerpt, a new video interview with cinematographer Raoul Coutard, liner notes, and the trailer. Retail is $39.95 each.
This is great news, although I have not seen this one before, I will buy this.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
They promised the new MONTEREY POP site to start out today - exciting!!!
And yes, I will pick up this as well as Solaris - just to see how the latter one compares to the RusCiCo disc... . ;)
Seb

This is fantastic!

I almost bought the French DVD, without subtitles, just because it seemed like this was never gonna come out here.

I'm so happy.

StevenA

Second Unit
For those who haven't seen this film, you're in for a treat!
I have been waiting and waiting for this, and now to find out Criterion is putting it out, as a 2-disc set no less, wow!!!!
For anybody who loves Godard, beautiful scenery, movies about movies, Fritz Lang, Bridget Bardot, wonderful music combined with stunning cinematography, or all of the above, you just have to buy this set! (Not to mention that Jack Palance's hilarious performance is worth the purchase price on its own!! :D )

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
here is a review

wxw.dvdfile.com/software/review/dvd-video_6/contempt.html

I haven't seen this so I will pick this one

Luc D

Second Unit
Just got this disc and I have a question. For some strange reason I don't have any sound on the "Dinosaur and the Baby" extra. Anybody else encounter this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks