What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Jean Harlow: 100th Anniversary Collection (1 Viewer)

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
It saddens me just how under-represented Jean Harlow's films have been. She's practically a footnote, and even to most old movie fans. She was a mainstream star from 1930 to 1937, until her life tragically ended from renal failure when she was just 26 years old.

This set here includes one of her Pre-Code success, Bombshell (1933), and six of her post-Code releases, namely The Girl from Missouri (1934), Reckless (1935), Riffraff (1936), Suzy (1936), Personal Property (1937), and Saratoga (1937). It's a good ensemble of films, although most people familiar with Harlow might be a little thrown off that more of her earlier 1930s work is skidded over here.

Any fans of Harlow out there?

1627058798997.png

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
This particular collector is still waiting on someone out there to release a Jean Harlow and Clark Gable film set. They starred together in five films, although they appeared in six total together. I'd love to see remastered versions of Red Dust (1932), Hold Your Man (1933), China Seas (1935), Wife vs. Secretary (1936), and Saratoga (1937).

1627059650182.png

If whoever decides to get off their rocker and release this, it really wouldn't have to be anything extraordinary (at least not for me). I'd be satisfied with a nice little box set with each movie on their own disc. If they included a little photo book or some brief histories of each of the movies they made together, that would be a nice touch. If they wanted to be extra nice they could also include the movie The Secret Six (1931), which featured Harlow and Gable in supporting roles.

I'm sure all this is wishful thinking.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm sure there's a thread on here about that 100th ann set. I bought it when it came out. It's fine. The better films would be in the mythical Gable set. Red Dust came out as a single disc through the archive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks