What's new

JBL PROPACK600ii, how is it?? very good price, help!! (1 Viewer)

joe_waite

Stunt Coordinator
hello, here is my situation. i am looking for a HT system that will be used in my apartment bedroom next year for college. obviously the room is not that big so the need for expensive equiptment is not there. harmanaudio has the jbl propackii on ebay and it can be had for less than $400 shipped. this system comes with a dvd player, reciever, and the scs135 speaker system. so what do you guys think about this system? the price is very good, and the speakers seem to be a good size for what i need. Would you recomend this to me for a bedroom apartment set up? help me out because i would like to order asap if most reviews are positive. thanks guys!!

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Joe - keep it in one thread, OK?

Think about it - 6 speakers, a DVD changer, and a receiver for $400 delivered - Sounds good.

If you use it for a year, you could always get at least $300 back selling it.

Or you go get a receiver somewhere for $200 or more, then you gotta go out and get everything else!

If you don't need anything more than the PP600, I say go for it and start watching movies.

MichaelRS

Auditioning
Joe,
I have had the Cinepack 600, first version for 2 years. It is an exceptional product. have had no problems with it. my version has a powered subwoofer, I have heard the new version has a passive sub, but a sixth channel to power the sub. everyone that hears the system is impressed. it plays quite loud in my 14x23x8 foot family room. My one complaint is that the sub is not very musical, kind of boomy, but great for action movies. I am looking to upgrade my speakers, not because of any problems with the system, but I have the upgrade bug.
Enjoy the system, sounds like a great price, I paid nearly double 2 years ago.

joe_waite

Stunt Coordinator
Michael, thanks for your reply. im pretty sure that the second series also has a powered sub, i will have to make sure though. the good thing for me is that this system will only be in a small apartment bedroom so i dont think that it will have any problem playing at levels that i would like. thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks