What's new

jabberjaw (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I see that MOD is releasing more of the classic HB on dvds, which is a good sign. However, it makes me thing what should be next on their list. I was a big fan of jabberjaw and i love to see this one released. Here are some other ones i like to see released

1. Jeannie

2. Herculoids

3. Banana Split

4. Wait till your father gets home S2

5. Roman Holidays

6. Captain Caveman

7. Scooby-doo Movies (maybe they can re-visit this set and offer all the movies)

8. Scooby-doo (remaining five episodes)

I welcome people's thoughts and/or suggestion.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I am very surprised that with the new Yogi Bear movie being released that WHV didn't release any of the other Yogi Bear shows on DVD:

• Yogi's Gang
  • Yogi's Treasure Hunt
  • Yo, Yogi!
  • The New Yogi Bear Show
  • Yogi's Space Race (not my favorite)
  • Galaxy Goofups (not my favorite)

These shows, along with the rest of "The Huckleberry Hound Show" should come out on MOD. They released the three TV films this week: "Yogi's Great Escape", "Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose" and "Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears."

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
I watched the missing episodes from the Scooby Doo movies on youtube,

don't think we'll ever see those shows released because of licensing rights of those characters.

i'd like the Captain Caveman episodes, and the remaining Scooby Doo shows to complete the Laff-a-Lympics cartoon block.

What I still hold out some hope for is one day getting the 4 missing Dyno Mutt dog wonder episodes that weren't included on the Scooby Doo/Dynomutt hour dvds, possibly as some sort of extra on one of the Scooby DVD releases.

What would be really terrific would be for WB to release a combination of the so far unreleased material from the 1977 season

in a set that pulled together the shows in a way that reconstructs the Scooby's All star Laff-a-lympic 2 hour block.

They could use the currently unreleased episodes from these shows:

8 Scooby episodes from 1977,

4 Blue Falcon and Dynomutt shows from 1977 (they are 2 part "cliff hangers" if they want to split them into 8 shows, ok!)

8 more Laff-a-lympics from 1977

16 Captain Caveman episodes from 1977 (these are short 15 minute shows, they could put 2 in each block.)

It's never going to happen, but it would be a great way for WB to pull together a whole lot of unreleased material into a logical

collection of 8 episodes in the format of the original show.

The Scooby's All star laff-a-lympics 2 hour block is a lot more fun than watching the individual shorts cut up and back to back.

It needs variety to make it entertaining, that's what made the original show good back when i was kid.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by derosa Shocker creature comes out and scares everyone away and steals the professor's money. SDLA-8 "The Creepy Heap from the Deep" ² 3
They released the superfriends lost episodes, so, i am surprised scooby-doo did not do something similar with scooby-doo they lost episodes.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Originally Posted by younger1968

They released the superfriends lost episodes, so, i am surprised scooby-doo did not do something similar with scooby-doo they lost episodes.

Those 8 scooby doo episodes will eventually be released on dvd, I'm sure.

They are already available on iTunes, but i'm just waiting to see if WB

does something more interesting with releasing them on DVD, maybe

at the very least including with them the 4 Blue Falcon and Dynomutt episodes.

Superfriends isn't finished either. That series has been released in the

most non-cronological order of any show I can think of!!
The "lost" episodes from 1983 were the last of that format, there is still

to be released, the first two seasons of shorts under the "super friends" format

from 1980 and 1981, and of course the the 1979 season of "the worlds greatest superfriends"

http://user1291318.sites.myregisteredsite.com/willsultimatesuperfriendsepisodeguide/id15.html

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by derosa

Those 8 scooby doo episodes will eventually be released on dvd, I'm sure.

They are already available on iTunes, but i'm just waiting to see if WB

does something more interesting with releasing them on DVD, maybe

at the very least including with them the 4 Blue Falcon and Dynomutt episodes.

Superfriends isn't finished either. That series has been released in the

most non-cronological order of any show I can think of!!
The "lost" episodes from 1983 were the last of that format, there is still

to be released, the first two seasons of shorts under the "super friends" format

from 1980 and 1981, and of course the the 1979 season of "the worlds greatest superfriends"

http://user1291318.sites.myregisteredsite.com/willsultimatesuperfriendsepisodeguide/id15.html

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!

I agree with you that the remaining episodes will be released. It is just frustrating to why certain show are released and/other shows are not. The realize that the saturday morning cartoons was to gauge interest and that is why MOD is releasing more cartoon series on dvd. The first set had goober & ghost chaser, funky phantom, speed buggy. MOD has released goober and the ghost chaser, funky phantom and josie and the pussycats in outerspace. Speed Buggy is schedule for released in 2011 along with New Adventures of Gilligan.

Jabberjaw is an interesting show along Jeannie have not been on any of the saturday morning cartoon. The saturday morning cartoons also included some double-dipping with shows like hong kong phoey, new adventures of Batman/Robin, new scooby-doo movies, etc. There were some good choices like sealab along the valley of the dinosaurs. I would be very happy if mod plans to open up HB archives to more released.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised they didn't release more of these with the movie out especially since they chose to release the bottom of the barrel made for video 90's Yogi movies.

I would definately buy Yogi's Gang and Yogi's Space Race which included Galaxy Goofups but not the later series.

Originally Posted by Greg Chenoweth

I am very surprised that with the new Yogi Bear movie being released that WHV didn't release any of the other Yogi Bear shows on DVD:

• Yogi's Gang
  • Yogi's Treasure Hunt
  • Yo, Yogi!
  • The New Yogi Bear Show
  • Yogi's Space Race (not my favorite)
  • Galaxy Goofups (not my favorite)

These shows, along with the rest of "The Huckleberry Hound Show" should come out on MOD. They released the three TV films this week: "Yogi's Great Escape", "Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose" and "Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears."

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant

Jabberjaw is an interesting show along Jeannie have not been on any of the saturday morning cartoon. The saturday morning cartoons also included some double-dipping with shows like hong kong phoey, new adventures of Batman/Robin, new scooby-doo movies, etc. There were some good choices like sealab along the valley of the dinosaurs. I would be very happy if mod plans to open up HB archives to more released.

I bought the saturday morning sets too. I thought I had heard at least a year ago that the 1968 batman and robin show was coming,

or maybe superboy, but maybe I was mistaken. It would be really nice if the rest of that 60s era Batman/Superman/Aquaman adventure hour

stuff made it out on MOD. But i regret the fact they sliced these shows into the syndicated versions for DVD, instead of the original, as aired

show blocks with all the bumpers.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young

I bought the saturday morning sets too. I thought I had heard at least a year ago that the 1968 batman and robin show was coming,

or maybe superboy, but maybe I was mistaken. It would be really nice if the rest of that 60s era Batman/Superman/Aquaman adventure hour

stuff made it out on MOD. But i regret the fact they sliced these shows into the syndicated versions for DVD, instead of the original, as aired

show blocks with all the bumpers.

[/QUOTE]

I remember the WB webinar and it was discussed about superboy along with a few other cartoons. I just remember WB being very vague and kept pushing the 1960 and 1970s cartoons set. I did my part and bought them and now it looks like that MOD is going to be their distribution channel, which if that is the case then that is fine. I am really only interested in the following cartoons

1. Jeannie

2. Jabberjaw

3. Banana Split

4. Speed Buggy

5. Funky Fanthom

6. Herculoids

7. New Adventures of Gilligan

8. Devlin

9. Captain Caveman

10. Partridge Family 2200AD

11. Valley of the dinosaurs

There are other shows that are not part of HB, like Emergency +4. I am more surprised that Herculoids and Valley of the dinosaurs has not been released as a complete package due to the fact that jonny quest and Space Ghost/dino boy was released.

davidmathew

Auditioning
Real Name
David
I have been buying up the MODs in an effort to encourage more releases. I'd love to see ;

1) Help! It's the Hair Bear Bunch!

2) Jabberjaw

3) Captain Cavemen

4) Quick Draw McGraw

5) The Banana Splits

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
I think you said before you live in Canada, and I noticed some of the MOD titles have finally become available at amazon.com

so you aren't stuck just with the WB site that won't ship outside of the USA.

I did my part and bought them and now it looks like that MOD is going to be their distribution channel, which if that is the case then that is fine.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Since the characters in Jeannie and Partridge 2200 are actually property of Sony/Screen Gems, not sure if WB would be able to release those.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I did my part and bought them and now it looks like that MOD is going to be their distribution channel, which if that is the case then that is fine.
[/QUOTE]

I was able to purchased HB sets via alternative means.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I remember reading something about Partridge Family 2200AD and Jeannie cartoon releases could be an issue due to the fact Sony owns the right. I was just doing some wishful thinking.

My top five releases

1. Jabberjaw

2. Herculoids

3. New Adventures of Gilligan

4. Captain Caveman

5. Valley of the dinosaurs.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I notice that Jabberjaw appears to be coming out in the next few months. This is another classic cartoon i am so happy that it is being released. This is starting to look good year for HB cartoons. I am wondering what will be next, like Sealab 2020 or Banana Splits or Herculoids or Valley of the Dinosaurs or Roman Hollidays or wait till your father gets home (S2). etc.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping for any of the unreleased 60's Hanna-Barbera this year plus the following:

Yogi's gang

Yogi's Space Race (Complete show with the Galaxy Goof-Up's, etc.)

Captain Caveman

Help! It's the Hair Bear Bunch!

Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape Show

I agree it looks to be a great year for Hanna Barbera. So far they have been releasing one new title every 2 weeks. If they keep this up all year that means 22 more titles that would cover alot of requests and favorites here.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Wasn't Warner Archive meant to be a repository for ALL the Warner catalog when its all said and done? I thought I remember them saying that their complete libraries would be available. I am expecting in the end that all Hanna Barbera will be released. I would also like to see Jana of the Jungle. Does anyone know If this series is owned by WB?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
It appears Jana of the Jungle is a cartoon produced by Hanna-Barbera. It first aired alongside Godzilla as The Godzilla Power Hour.

So there may be hope that this will be released.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Just realise I left off another 70's title I'm looking for:

Inch-High Private Eye - I remember having a lunchbox of this one for a year or two . Probably 2nd -3rd grade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks