I've never been one for Audis, but...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Benovite, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Benovite

Benovite Stunt Coordinator

THE R8'S BURRRNNN [​IMG]

I bought this last weekend for $120k.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seriously though(slap me out of it), I saw this black beauty whilst walking around Westwood village today during lunch. As I was taking pics the nice owner(who looked vaguely familiar..) came out and told me it was the first one in the country at the time he bought it.

I say he was lying cause Tony Stark has the first one right? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    I think the dealers love to tell guys who buy expensive new cars that they have 'the first one in the country'. I hear that much more often than I should.

CJ

3. Benovite

Hahaa I totally believe it. Why wouldn't the dealer of a brand new exotic car tell the potential customer that they've got the first one? That's gotta be one of the first lines of the pitch right? [​IMG]

4. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    That is a beautiful car though **drool**

5. KurtEP

KurtEP Supporting Actor

I like the fact that they came up with a fairly original looking design. I'm not sold on the black trim piece behind the door, but otherwise, it's a pretty good look. I prefer the new Maserati coupe for similar money, though (drools).

6. Benovite

Btw 2 things(in case you haven't seen pics of an R8); 1) that's the engine in the back under the glass. I was going to take a close-up of it but I didn't want to hold the guy up. 2) in the same pic of the back view, the panel that looks slightly off-color(the area that Kurt mentioned) near the gas cap is made of carbon fiber.