What's new

Is there a RSS feed of upcoming DVD releases somewhere? (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I've been looking for a RSS feed of upcoming DVD releases, but I've been coming up empty. Netflix has a feed of new releases, but not of upcoming titles. DVD Empire has feeds, but they haven't been updated in ages.

Anyone know of a feed for upcoming releases?

Thanks-
Dave

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
iCal (a Mac-only application) has a subscribable "upcoming releases" calendar, but recently, new entries seem to have stopped appearing on it.

Hopefully that's just a hiccup.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Is there like - hardly anything coming out in the next few months? If so, I'm in the same boat.

I was in this same spot last year, but then suddenly a whole pile got release dates (I think that happened in late Dec). I'm writing it off to the fact that although new stuff may be coming out, it just isn't what I want.

I did some tracking on this earlier today. Since '98, I've brought about a hundred a year. This year, it went up to 166, but most of those were series. There were only 39 new movies, instead of 70 or 80.

Frankly, I'd rather have them get more movies out, instead of the TV shows. If given a choice, I'd rather have them restore some old classics first and take a short version of a TV show because it was too late to save the originals before they crapped out completly!

I am hoping that the next big announcement puts my buying back on track.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks