Well I am upgrading my receiver on saturday.... maybe. The thing is I can afford the 1400 right now. I could buy it on saturday and be happy. BUT...... I realized if I wait till april I could afford the RXZ1. Yamaha's 2nd to top of the line, the Z9 is like $4500. Now the major thing that is drawing me to this is the burr-brown dacs. I know this isnt a huge deal to some people but it is to me. The RXZ1 is only 20 watts more than the 1400 but will I notice? Are there any other major features that I should think about? Anyone own one? Also I would love to have that remote. I dont know... do you guys think its worth waiting? Maybe my boss will let me get the 1400 now, and in 3 months return it for the Z1. Hmmmm.... :-D. Well regardless I think Im gonna try them both out, see if I can tell a difference.