What's new

Is the Rumored Apple iTV Already Playing Catch-Up? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
In the video below, Fool.com contributor Doug Ehrman discusses some of the challenges Apple's device will face the moment it debuts -- assuming that day ever comes.

Watch a discussion about this here.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Interesting! What completely new product categories has Samsung innovated in? Bigger phones?

What amazing application software has Samsung written? Productivity Apps? Operating Systems?

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
Revolutionizing everything they touched for like a decade isn't enough? They haven't earned a breather?

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
MattAlbie60 said:
Revolutionizing everything they touched for like a decade isn't enough? They haven't earned a breather?
One problem with taking a breather whilst on top of the game is that someone else can easily Knock you off your perch. Time and technology do not stand still...

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Right, and as I asked what has Samsung innovated on in the meantime besides bigger screens? I'm not being blase here, I'm a technophile, I'd genuinely like to know so I can get on board!

Apple spent nine months in complete silence — from the release of the iPad Mini through last week. The only thing they announced in that interim was the ouster of Scott Forstall and corresponding reshuffling of executive responsibility. No new products, no new designs. And the business and tech media lost their shit over this, declaring an end to Apple’s ability to innovate. Apple’s “This Is Our Signature” mantra is in defiance of this superficial demand for an endless stream of new new new. Apple is saying they’re above the churn of the news cycle, and if you don’t understand that yet, they don’t care. You’ll either get it through your head eventually, or you will never understand Apple.
http://daringfireball.net/linked/2013/06/17/lines-signature

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks