What's new

Is that conterfeit Mini Cooper commercial meant to be a joke? (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
I'm talking about the one where they advertise the DVD to get so you can tell a difference between a real and counterfeit Mini Cooper. To me it seems like a joke or some kind of farce, but who knows, maybe people do fall for fake Mini Coopers.

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
That commercial had me rolling on the floor... it kinda had me going for a second... :D

Anyone have a link to the commercial?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Stephen, when I first saw the commercial, I thought it was real until I saw the part with that giant (70's looking) car, running the race track.

But the thing that confused me after that was, the commerical just ended! I figured there'd be an announcer saying "I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance" or something like that, but it just ends. While I know it's a joke, I'm still not sure if it's an advertisment for the mini or not. :confused:

EDIT: http://www.counterfeitmini.org/
The victim support page is pretty funy, but I still don't understand the meaning behind all of this! :)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
What about those Orkin commercials with the bug crawling on the screen? We then heard stories of people smashing their TV's to kill the bugs.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

In the X-Files ep "War Of The Coprophages" -- one of the humorous eps, this one about cockroaches -- they pulled that same stunt of having a bug crawl crawl across the screen. In context, it was hilarious. I myself did a double-take the first time I saw it... :)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I saw another one of these Cooper commercials advertising a gimmicky stickon "G-meter "you can buy(reminded me of some chessy promo sales ad like something you'd see run after midnight, I can see why alot of people would change the station) & adhere to the windshield or dash in the car to see the amount of G's you're pulling in turns etc... Really ,why not just advertise the many innovative features of the Mini Cooper ,they are such an amazing machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks