What's new

Is it really worth.... (DVD player) (1 Viewer)

MattJS

Grip
Guys and Gals,

Is it really worth my dough to get a progressive scan DVD player if I don't have HDTV? I am not planning on replacing the RPTV with HD for a few years, so my thoughts were to just get a nice DVD player for under 200$ and replace it with a PS DVD when the TV goes bye bye.......

Also, do I need the DTS DD and all the other decoders on the DVD player if I have it on my recvr? Or is this necessary for me to convey the data accurately to the recvr?

Thanks for the help, my brain is swelling from the stuff I learn here everyday!

Matt

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Also, do I need the DTS DD and all the other decoders on the DVD player if I have it on my recvr? Or is this necessary for me to convey the data accurately to the recvr?
You don't need decoders in the player if your receiver has the decoding circuitry. You just have to make sure that the DVD player can pass the DTS signal. Unless you're looking at a used model manufactured several years ago, any player you buy should be able to do so.

M.

MattJS

Grip
Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply and advice, from what it sounds like, my thinking was correct, so I can keep it in budget and still get a good DVD player for my current needs!

Thanks!

Matt

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Save your money and get a HD-DVD player in a few years so you can take advantage of that on your new HDTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks