What's new

Is Freddy Got Fingered THAT bad? (1 Viewer)

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
The funniest thing, by far, about Freddy Got Fingered is how much it riles people up. It actually makes people angry and upset and pissed off. Far from just provoking lukewarm, forgetful disdain, Freddy Got Fingered actually inspires a level of emotional reaction. So there we have it, folks. This film is relevant because its still being talked about, even if just by people who call heatedly for its destruction and burial.
It is a masterpiece? No. Is it art? Hell yeah. :emoji_thumbsup:
:laugh::laugh:
Joseph

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Hated the movie, but Marisa Coughlan is a little hottie.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
:emoji_thumbsup:

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't there one critic that wrote a glowing review of FGF and called it a "surrealist masterpiece" and some of the same things Mark said about it and that it was being completely misunderstood? I thought I remembered there being one lone voice in the wilderness.
Of course that's not enough to get me to rent it. The trailer alone told me I wanted no part of this.
Mark, for another disabled character with a libido, see Todd Solondz's Storytelling. Actually I'm not sure that he has a libido, or at least much actual desire for his partner, but he does have sex.

BarryS

Second Unit
The funniest thing, by far, about Freddy Got Fingered is how much it riles people up. It actually makes people angry and upset and pissed off. Far from just provoking lukewarm, forgetful disdain, Freddy Got Fingered actually inspires a level of emotional reaction. So there we have it, folks. This film is relevant because its still being talked about, even if just by people who call heatedly for its destruction and burial.
This is entirely why Freddy Got Fingered is successful. I'm sure that pissing people off and stirring up the viewer's emotion was Tom Green's intent. After all, if you've seen Green's show then you realize that the point of his "comedy" segments is not always to make people laugh, but to piss people off. Such as the hilarious sequence from the TV show where he goes into a grocery store and makes a fort out of cereal boxes only to be thrown out by the store's pissed manager.

I've heard Tom Green compared to Andy Kaufman, and I believe that's a valid comparison. Both Kaufman and Green have similar goals: to stir up a strong reaction, be it positive or negative, from their audiences.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I saw the preview, and already it was driving me up a wall. "Daddy would you like some sausage?"

I would shove it up his a$$, but I think he'd enjoy that

Fortunately Tom Green is going back into the hole from wence he came, I hope he saved his $$ or got some kickin alimony from Drew

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I'm not angry about him going "too far".

I was angry by how utterly brainless the attempts at humor were. Angered in much the same was as I was by Final Destination or Tomcats in how poorly the whole film was written. Angered that I was watching it when I could have been watching a classic.

FGF is a film that after 65 minutes I gave up on. The only film I can say that for from the last 10 years AT LEAST, maybe longer. I always ride a film out, always. And FGF was my exception.

Once it became clear that he had nothing else to offer I was finished with it. Like having an obnoxious friend who pesters to tell you joke after joke when none of them are funny.

Look, I eat snot, get it? no

Look, I masterbate animals, get it? no

Look, I swing babies by their cords, get it? no

Jury Duty earned it's hated status, and FGF earned it's hated status.

I LIKED the Tom Green show, but that had clever ideas to go with his gutsy choices. Making people around him uncomfortable was funny to watch at times, even if it did mean he was a real jerk. But here, he's not really doing that. He's not even playing it in the Dumber and Dumber style. He's doing nothing.

If doing something that just doesn't make sense is funny, then Tomcats is funny...and it's not. Gross is fine (though cheap) if there is some method to it. But gross for gross' sake was barely funny in 4th grade, and it got old fast.

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
Max Leung wrote:

Some people like to eat octopus.

Just make sure it is dead BEFORE you eat it.

(BTW, it is advised to NEVER eat raw octopus...unlike raw squid, improperly cooked octopus releases a chemical that messes up your digestive system for a few days, causing your mucus membranes to go crazy.)

NOW you tell me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks