What's new
World Wide Stereo

Is a 55" Mitsubishi Diamond my best choice? (1 Viewer)

Tom Garvey

Stunt Coordinator
I've been out of the loop for a long time and need some advcie. I am looking at the Mits Diamond 55" CRT for $2500 with no payment/interest 'til 2007. Is there something else I should consider for the same money? Are there any cons that I should be aware of?

Thanks....

728x90

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mitsubishis are great TV's. I've been using a WS-55411 for a little over two years. Just turn off SVM, set the color temp to low, sharpness to off and set the rest of the picture settings with a calibration DVD. (Those settings are input specific) There is also an advanced color setting where you can tone down the red and magenta. This setting is not input specific. These tweaks and a 64 point convergence will have you set until you decide on a professional calibration or get into the more advanced tweaking.

-Robert

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Yes but easy to fix in the perfect color menu.

Remove the screen if you get a chance and don't have kids to worry about messing with the lenticular screen behind it. HUGE difference for both me and my father in law who bought a Platinum series.

We both love our Mits's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks